BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #331
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Honestly sometimes I wish I picked a major where doing stuff like that could fly and get me paid. It really isn't like civil engineering is paying great either so I really screwed myself over with that haha
Do not wish to work in such a place. It'll rot your soul. If you're a do-er, a builder of things, a solver of riddles and puzzles, and intellectually curious, that environment will seem comfortable at first. But in no time at all you'll feel like a grizzly bear at a yoga class. Take it from someone who's peered up the guts of such places.
      03-20-2020, 10:50 PM   #332
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Name:  IMG_3305.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  203.2 KB

How I'm spending my Friday night:
- Whiskey
- Cigars
- Computer work that I've been pushing for a few months now
- FaceTiming a girl I've been hanging with before quarantine happened and she had to go home :I

Life's good
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8201.00
Salty Dog3576.50
bobowar1353462.00
      03-21-2020, 12:02 AM   #333
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Do not wish to work in such a place. It'll rot your soul. If you're a do-er, a builder of things, a solver of riddles and puzzles, and intellectually curious, that environment will seem comfortable at first. But in no time at all you'll feel like a grizzly bear at a yoga class. Take it from someone who's peered up the guts of such places.
Oh I'm sure man, working at a place where I get paid to do nothing sounds pretty dope but I need to occupy myself with something at all times to enjoy my time. I can't realistically do nothing that's not mentally stimulating and be okay with it
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8201.00
      03-21-2020, 12:56 AM   #334
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Exploding kittens with my best friends over video chat using Microsoft teams.
      03-21-2020, 02:19 AM   #335
AZ1
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm enjoying the fact that it's now socially acceptable for me to tell people to get out of my space.......6ft. Away people!
I was out a little while ago running a critical errand, and some idiot came in the door where I was and crowded up less than a foot behind me in line. I made a violent step away/sideways, to give him the hint. About 30 seconds later, he invaded my social distancing bubble a second time and I stepped away/back violently again to give him another hint. Maybe I should have coughed in his direction without covering my mouth to deliver the hint?????

Go with your gut. Should have done it
Appreciate 1
vreihen1619168.00
      03-21-2020, 02:35 AM   #336
AZ1
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Quote:
Nah, no interest in the Trackhawk. Not even close to the level of refinement of the X5. I need creature comforts and features in a DD, and the X5 has loads. Trackhawk interior looks like a high school shop project that got a C-.
lol has pretty much same features, but ok fanboy
The trackhawk is a Jeep. Not a cool Jeep. Not pre 2007 reliability and looks Wrangler. It's a Cherokee. Those are so gross. I do not understand why anyone would spend that much money for a Cherokee. Idc how much power it's putting down. It's such a firm stance on someones financial awareness and lack of imagination. I really don't understand how there is a market for the Cherokee. They are so uninspired and hollow. The Cherokee is like a vanilla ice cream cone that's a little melted and doesn't actually taste like vanilla and immediately turns into water your mouth with a cone made of cardboard. Not for human consumption.
Appreciate 3
      03-21-2020, 04:41 AM   #337
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ1 View Post
The trackhawk is a Jeep. Not a cool Jeep. Not pre 2007 reliability and looks Wrangler. It's a Cherokee. Those are so gross. I do not understand why anyone would spend that much money for a Cherokee. Idc how much power it's putting down. It's such a firm stance on someones financial awareness and lack of imagination. I really don't understand how there is a market for the Cherokee. They are so uninspired and hollow. The Cherokee is like a vanilla ice cream cone that's a little melted and doesn't actually taste like vanilla and immediately turns into water your mouth with a cone made of cardboard. Not for human consumption.
The good news is, you won't be embarrassed very often by being seen in it. It'll be in the shop 3 weeks out of every month.
      03-21-2020, 05:18 AM   #338
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Modding my c300, beach yesterday (nobody there, spending quality time with my kids, focusing on new health regimens, rediscovering my fav music, gardening, pressure washing, dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
wdb5021.00
      03-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #339
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Dumb post of the month!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #340
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You do realize you're on a BMW forum, right?
But this is the off topic section. Also, some of us don't have badge blinders on.

Lots of great toys out there to play with
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 01:11 PM   #341
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
My DW loathes going to work there every day, calling the whole operation "Romper Room" and being the oldest person there by 10+ years. Unfortunately, it is the only place in the entire region that's hiring for positions that use her way-too-specific/narrow degree, so she just bites her tongue and bides her time keeping her nose to the grindstone.....
      03-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #342
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A non-Trackhawk GC is a car for soccer moms whose husbands won't allow a minivan in their garage.
      03-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #343
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Watching Jim Carey films.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #344
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A non-Trackhawk GC is a car for soccer moms whose husbands won't allow a minivan in their garage.
They aren't that bad, when there's snow on the ground if you turn the meme dial to the sand mode it turns off traction control and you can hoon it around the suburban streets of Chicago

... or so I've been told
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #345
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Started shifting my websites from an old GoDaddy hosting plan to a new one today. Sucks. Gotta download everything locally and then re-upload to the new server. GoDaddy's tech support was a 36 minute wait today and their billing support was over an hour. Maybe their call centers are shut down?

Then I rode 15 miles on Zwift just to get the blood circulating.

Worked with a faculty member for a bit to show him some options for getting his courses online.

Grabbed take out from our favorite local Italian place. The portions were enormous. We'll easily get two meals each out of them. Maybe more. I think they're trying to lure folks in. It's working for us. We'll be back.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
wdb5021.00
      03-21-2020, 07:29 PM   #346
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Went for a drive. Came back. Got so bored.

Car registrations came in the mail. Got mildly excited. Meticulously peeled off years’ worth of registration stickers off three license plates. Carefully cleaned glue residue off with goo gone. Affixed new registration stickers. Screwed license plates back on cars.

Got bored again.
Appreciate 2
wdb5021.00
      03-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #347
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.88]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.90]
2019 i3 BEV  [5.00]
Quote:
Nothing exciting about a BMW SUV either. MAYBE a a true M version, but not otherwise
Have you driven the X3M Competition? I was surprised how fun it was. Obviously not as fun as a smaller M car, but it's a lot more fun than our Forester (which I love for different reasons)

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #348
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Have you driven the X3M Competition? I was surprised how fun it was. Obviously not as fun as a smaller M car, but it's a lot more fun than our Forester (which I love for different reasons)
Hi, I said other than maybe an M version...

Also, you are comparing apples to oranges there. My lady friend has a Forester & it does not get more boring, slow or crap handling...
Appreciate 1
AZ172.00
      03-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #349
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

Car registrations came in the mail. Got mildly excited. Meticulously peeled off years’ worth of registration stickers off three license plates. Carefully cleaned glue residue off with goo gone. Affixed new registration stickers. Screwed license plates back on cars.

Got bored again.
Our governor has suspended the laws requiring cars to be titled or registered within 30 days of getting them. I got 2 V12 supercars in the last few weeks - so I'm driving round like Mad Max with no registration, no license plates and no cop can ticket me for it!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:17 PM   #350
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Hi, I said other than maybe an M version...

Also, you are comparing apples to oranges there. My lady friend has a Forester & it does not get more boring, slow or crap handling...
X3M isn't am M version - it's an msport version, a watered down one.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #351
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:

Got bored again.
Our governor has suspended the laws requiring cars to be titled or registered within 30 days of getting them. I got 2 V12 supercars in the last few weeks - so I'm driving round like Mad Max with no registration, no license plates and no cop can ticket me for it!
I think the police have stopped caring about enforcing the rule of law anyway. During my drive today I fell in behind this highway patrol car doing about 90, so I'm like, cool - I'll do 90 a quarter mile behind him and all will be good.

Douchebag sport bike flies up behind me and starts goading me with hand gestures to race. Because I'm an asshole I downshift like I'm going to race so he runs into the cop ahead. He takes the bait and accelerates to what must've been 110+ while I laugh behind him not accelerating. Flies past the cop and...nothing. Popo just lets him rocket past without doing anything
Appreciate 1
dinonz3218.00
      03-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #352
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
I think the police have stopped caring about enforcing the rule of law anyway. During my drive today I fell in behind this highway patrol car doing about 90, so I'm like, cool - I'll do 90 a quarter mile behind him and all will be good.

Douchebag sport bike flies up behind me and starts goading me with hand gestures to race. Because I'm an asshole I downshift like I'm going to race so he runs into the cop ahead. He takes the bait and accelerates to what must've been 110+ while I laugh behind him not accelerating. Flies past the cop and...nothing. Popo just lets him rocket past without doing anything
Popo doesn't want to touch that guy's license. Don't blame him. Probably thinks the idiot will Darwin himself out of the gene pool anyway.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
bobowar1353462.00
vreihen1619168.00