BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Witnessed a bum fight today...

sorry no pics, but it was pretty damn funny. As I'm leaving nordstrom rack with my gf, we see on the street corner, three bums beating the living hell out of each other. It was a three way fight, until two of the guys teamed up on the other who starts doing some crazy kung fu shit. He did the whole karate kid crane kick thing, unsuccessfully, and started flailing his arms like that guy who got his ass kicked on jersey shore (there's a gif floating around here somewhere)

Then one of them grabs his shopping cart and starts ramming crazy kung fu bum with it, and he ends up falling on the ground. He then proceeds to ram kung fu guy's cart and knock it over. At this point, I had already passed the fight so I'm now watching it unfold in my rear view mirror. The guy on the ground was getting the living shit kicked out of him by the other two, so I decide to call the cops. The call went like this:

911- "911, what are you reporting?"

Me- "Yeah, I'm currently witnessing 3 homeless guys beating the living hell out of each other on the corner of arden and exposition right across from mattress discounters"

911 - "Ok sir, can you give me a description of the men? race? clothing?"

Me -" Yeah, there are two white dudes that are balding, and a black dude with gray hair..oh yeah the two white guys have huge dirty beards as well"

911 - "*Laughs* did you see any weapons, sir?"

Me - "No, well, not anything that would normally be considered a weapon, but I'm pretty sure they were using their shopping carts as weapons against each other."

911 - "*Laughing* Si-, sir, *laughing some more*, well it takes a special kind of person to do something like that, what is your name sir?"

At this point I'm laughing because she was laughing at my report, and it took me a good minute and a half to get my name out without laughing more.

The whole ordeal made my day, especially when the crazy kung fu bum started flailing his arms like that guy who got KO'd on jersey shore. It is days like these that make me not hate sacramento as much.
      01-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

your story made my day. gave me the lulz. if i were the operator, i'd be laughing too. you made everyone's day.

Just wondering... were you on the east side of the bridge?

Quote:
Me - "No, well, not anything that would normally be considered a weapon, but I'm pretty sure they were using their shopping carts as weapons against each other."
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

ha ha...awesome story. that would have been a great youtube moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

lmao!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

yeah, total fail on the pics, but A+ for story.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
your story made my day. gave me the lulz. if i were the operator, i'd be laughing too. you made everyone's day.

Just wondering... were you on the east side of the bridge?
the area is definitely in east sac. you're bound to see something interesting in that area if you live here long enough, haha.
      01-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
yeah, total fail on the pics, but A+ for story.
I'm bummed about no pics, I tried to get my gf to film the epic battle on her 3GS, but by the time she had her phone out and ready, the light was green and I was already past the fight. I just hope my story gave a detailed visual account of what I witnessed!
      01-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
I'm bummed about no pics, I tried to get my gf to film the epic battle on her 3GS, but by the time she had her phone out and ready, the light was green and I was already past the fight. I just hope my story gave a detailed visual account of what I witnessed!
totally haha
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
335R1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

great way to finish off my day. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

Am I the only one who doesn't find this humorous at all?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
335R1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
so far
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1 View Post
so far
x2
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:

Ummmm. Yes.
      01-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #14
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:

Yup!

01-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
You're not the only one. While reading the post I kept thinking "and this guy didn't at least try to stop the fight??!?" or at least say something like "hey cut that out - I'm calling security/cops right now". What if the freaking dude died?!?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #16
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
You're not the only one. While reading the post I kept thinking "and this guy didn't at least try to stop the fight??!?" or at least say something like "hey cut that out - I'm calling security/cops right now". What if the freaking dude died?!?
I was 3 lanes over from all this, with a clear view of the whole scene because there was a gap between the line of cars that were right next to the fight. Besides, it didn't really turn ugly until after I was past the corner in the intersection where they were fighting, I pulled up to a stoplight about an 1/8 of a mile away and told my gf that I wanted to turn around and go stop the fight, but she pleaded for me not to for fear that I may get hurt myself.

So I respected my gf's request and I dialed 911 to report it. I doubt any of the other motorists even bothered to call the police; in fact I know I was the first one to call or else the dispatcher would have informed me that they already received the report.

I say shame on the 6 or 7 cars that were just sitting there all with their windows rolled up, as if they pretended nothing was happening. At least I have the decency to call in and report the incident, right?
      01-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
At least I have the decency to call in and report the incident, right?
Yeah I suppose so. My bad- I thought you came out of Nordstrom and just left it (like literally just walked by the fight). I probably would have turned back if possible. The thing is though, where do you draw the line between doing too much and too little you know?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #18
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Yeah I suppose so. My bad- I thought you came out of Nordstrom and just left it (like literally just walked by the fight). I probably would have turned back if possible. The thing is though, where do you draw the line between doing too much and too little you know?
Haha, no, this corner I'm talking about is pretty much right in the middle of a 5-way junction. Being in California (this did not cross my mind at the time, I'm just using my good 'ol hindsight) I may have faced some sort of criminal charge myself if I physically stepped in. For one, by physically stepping in, I would have had to lay a hand on one or more of the homeless persons, and some idiot bystander may have perceived this as some young man ruthlessly attacking the homeless and then reported me to the police.

Or the bums could all see it as an opportunity to sue me in court with the help of some greedy ass puke who hasn't done anything with his/her law degree except hunt for potentially large lawsuits?

Or what if these three men were hopped up on some potent drugs, and all decided to team up on me? I mean, I can handle myself, and likely would put up a good defense, but I doubt any of my fellow Americans would have come to my aid as 3 drugged up dudes started attacking me with their shopping carts and whatever else they could use as a weapon.

Who knows, this is all speculation, but looking back, I feel like this is one of those moments where it was necessary to just let the men and women of law enforcement handle it. Besides, if any of them were arrested, I just did them a favor, at least they'll get three hots and a cot for a day..or more.
      01-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #19
youtkiddin
Registered
Rep
Drives: nunya

im sure there are others that dont find humor in this.if we were to picture ourselves in their situation in stead of driving a Crimson Red E90 335i. it probably woudn't be as funny then. any of you out there can bash me if thats what you want. i will fully understand, by no means am i a saint. truth is thats what our great country has come to. i remember around 7 months ago when i was given the task of calling in associates that made 25 to 35K a year to lay them off. wonder how many of them lost their car, house or even family. any one of us could become homeless tomorrow. now i dont drive a bmw or push a grocery cart. but if i was to ponder on either, i dont think it would be pushing that cart and having to fight over some food, a piece of clothing or where i was going to lay my head that night.
Appreciate 0