BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Yesterday, 09:18 PM   #23
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

What's odd is all i saw on social media as this storm rolled in was how lame it was and all the dire predictions were wrong. 24 hrs later and you need a fucking ark to cross the street.

What the hell happened?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:38 AM   #24
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Did you check the meteorologic credentials of the "experts' posting on social media?

The power co-op near our SC tree farm is down to less than 10% without electricity, and the area around the tree farm has power again.....
      Today, 08:59 AM   #25
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
What's odd is all i saw on social media as this storm rolled in was how lame it was and all the dire predictions were wrong. 24 hrs later and you need a fucking ark to cross the street.

What the hell happened?
I don’t know what they said specifically, but it’s usually very location dependent. Like where we are in NC I did not see any flooding at all. The only issues was trees falling, in the areas with less trees no real issues.

Next to rivers or creeks a lot of stuff got flooded or taken out completely. That’s why I would be very concerned buying property next to water. We almost bought one place right next to the river, the. We started looking up that river and seeing video from all the times it had overflowed and taken out the road and houses and shit.

So if you are on high ground with no trees you probably think no big deal, but if you are next to a river or a tree falls on your house… big deal.

That being said it’s a running joke in FL the weather people love milking ANY hurricane. It could be a cat 1 that does nothing and they will have a reporter out next to some palm fronds pretending it’s the end of the world.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1619373.50
      Today, 10:02 AM   #26
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
That being said it’s a running joke in FL the weather people love milking ANY hurricane. It could be a cat 1 that does nothing and they will have a reporter out next to some palm fronds pretending it’s the end of the world.
Not from this storm:

Name:  Image (1).jpg
Views: 8
Size:  183.1 KB

Today, 10:37 AM   #27
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
It's been pretty nuts on our end. Personally, at my house, no big deal. Fair amount of storm cleanup, but that's because I have acres of trees. A fart of wind is guaranteed to drop some branches.

But I cover a fair amount of people in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Augusta is like the beginning of some zombie movie with 2 mile long lines at gas stations, grocery stores wiped out, power restoration is projected in about a week. Our W NC and Upstate SC crews are in bad shape, too. Chimney Rock doesn't even look to exist anymore. Still haven't been able to make contact with a handful of people. Yikes.

Name:  GYkxf0qXEAEGfYl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  ea1d620242e1432b839643d3481cd3a3.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  46.1 KB

Last edited by spazzyfry123; Today at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 11:13 AM   #28
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Chimney Rock, Banner Elk, Boone, Blowing Rock. Linville Falls all got it really bad. Most homes and business are flooded, no electricity no water. Elderly people stranded - National Guard are helicoptering in.

This is the dam at our families property - insane.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0