BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #23
Snave01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘25 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Errrr....did my post get deleted?
Have you been naughty?
      Today, 12:08 AM   #24
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
My guess is that BMW estimates the take rate will be low on costlier or outlier options and that offering them will not help with profits as there is cost in having numerous options versus fewer options.

It is why McDonalds does not offer Wagyu beef options for their hamburgers.
Hehe.

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
gblansten2398.50
Snave01231.00
      Today, 07:54 AM   #25
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Hehe.
McDonalds uses Australia to test options. They offered this is 1018 for a little over a month using Australian sourced beef. Then for about a month in 2021.

It's a nice illustration of how an expensive option is a niche product that doesn't warrant being rolled out en masse.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:26 AM   #26
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Not to totally derail, but doesn't wagyu beef have to come from Japan? Or is that Kobe?

Whichever one was the less expensive option.of the two, Arby's had a burger with that, lol. Was pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:44 AM   #27
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
Not to totally derail, but doesn't wagyu beef have to come from Japan? Or is that Kobe?

Whichever one was the less expensive option.of the two, Arby's had a burger with that, lol. Was pretty good.
In this case the "Wagyu" was sourced from Queensland. The Wagyu beef cattle are Japanese breeds.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:26 PM   #28
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:

I believe Kobe has to come from a certain region in Japan. Like champagne. You could have identical cows, treated the same if it’s not in Japan it’s wagyu.

Also there are grade of wagyu. There was a local place here in NC sold wagyu but it was a lower grade because it would be like a wagyu cow bred with a black angus. I actually preferred it because you got the tenderness and more fat than a regular black angus, but you also got a decent size steak and good meat. I find the higher end wagyu is just too fatty for me. It tastes good, but after a bite or two I’m done.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:25 PM   #29
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I believe Kobe has to come from a certain region in Japan. Like champagne. You could have identical cows, treated the same if it’s not in Japan it’s wagyu.

Also there are grade of wagyu. There was a local place here in NC sold wagyu but it was a lower grade because it would be like a wagyu cow bred with a black angus. I actually preferred it because you got the tenderness and more fat than a regular black angus, but you also got a decent size steak and good meat. I find the higher end wagyu is just too fatty for me. It tastes good, but after a bite or two I’m done.
Some baseball player opened a Wagyu beef farm across from my parents property in NC a few years back. They were excited that it wasnt going to turn into houses. I thought it was terrible because cows don't exactly smell great.

Last edited by BlkGS; Today at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:22 PM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Some baseball player opened a Wagyu beef farm across from my parents property in NC a few years back. They were excited that it wasnt going to turn into houses. I thought it was terrible because cows don't exactly smell great.
Might be the same place I’m talking about. They actually opened a small retail shop in downtown Lenoir where they would sell individual steaks and what not. I loved it and would buy all my steaks there when we are in NC. Unfortunately wagyu is not cheap, even half wagyu half black angus and this is not a very wealthy area. Needless to say the shut the store down a few months ago. They still have the farm and you can still buy meat but you have to buy like half a cow or something. Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:49 PM   #31
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Might be the same place I’m talking about. They actually opened a small retail shop in downtown Lenoir where they would sell individual steaks and what not. I loved it and would buy all my steaks there when we are in NC. Unfortunately wagyu is not cheap, even half wagyu half black angus and this is not a very wealthy area. Needless to say the shut the store down a few months ago. They still have the farm and you can still buy meat but you have to buy like half a cow or something. Sucks.
If it was in Lenoir, probably, lol. They're out by Morganton.

I lived in Hickory for several years. Surprised they'd have closed a store like that. I had a buddy who spent a small fortune on grass fed ground beef at some little health food shop off 127, lol.

I miss the roads there most of all. Literally going anywhere was basically a world class road, lol. Literally leaving my housing development had nice chicanes.
Appreciate 0