BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #1
genepaul
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1993 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur

What do 9 year old boys do and talk about?

I (35f) have a 9 year old son, and his teacher has told me he doesn’t seem to be on the same maturity level as the other kids in his grade.

He does have some habits that can be deemed “immature” but nothing that really stood out to me as being TOO behind his peers. When I asked what she meant by her statement, she said that he doesn’t talk about the same things they talk about and he has a BMW toy car he brings to school…

First, I didn’t know 9 year old boys are too old to play with toy cars, but I digress. But what do 9yr olds talk about?

Now, I will say my son is a bit sheltered. It’s just me and him and he doesn’t have a lot of kids to play with around his age outside of school. I know a lot of his friends have access to TikTok and restriction free YouTube so that could possibly be it because he’s not on the trending topics and viral vids. But he’s 9. I believe in keeping a child in a child’s place. I refuse to let him on TikTok and his YT account is set from 9-13 because that’s how old he is.

He plays games like Roblox and Fort Night and loves YouTube. He’s into video editing and creating his own books and comics and loves to draw.

But to reiterate my question, what are other 9yr olds into and talking about? I’m not really around kids so I honestly have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

No kids so I don't know from that.

I was 9 once. At 9 I didn't talk about much. My parents were not that talkative at least with us kids.

Didn't have all the social media stuff but there was TV. Didn't follow sports that closely. Listened to AM radio, too. Late at night would dial in a station that was I think located in Little Rock AR. (I lived in mid-Missouri at the time.) Dialed it in to listen to rock and roll.

Rode my bike a lot. Had a paper route. In the summer I made extra money cutting grass. Did some talking when I collected for the paper and negotiated grass cutting jobs.

I'm no expert but your kid sounds normal. A bit different maybe from other kids but that may not be a bad thing.

Ask him what he talks about. Ask him about his school.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #3
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
It sounds to me like he’s perfectly fine and his teacher is off for some reason. I don’t think I necessarily took my cars to school, but I had a collection of over 100 Hot Wheels cars when I was a kid. I also road my bike a lot!!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Today, 01:31 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'm well over 50, I still play with cars. They all now have real engines, so I no longer make the fake exhaust sounds. Well, almost never...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:05 AM   #5
Jolbex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

Teacher just hates bmw.....
Appreciate 0