BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #4181
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
We lost Wallee to kidney failure September 6th. I'm really going to miss my little buddy. He is special. I'm glad I have thousands of pictures of all the great times we shared.

I shared pictures earlier in the thread of Wallee doing one of his favorite things, running on the beach at low tide on Puget Sound. Just over a month later he was gone due to kidney failure.

Saying goodbye to a Dog is never easy and Wallee is no exception. My wife is especially heartbroken as she had a special bond with Wallee since she wasn't working when we got him as a puppy and was the one spending all the time with him while I worked and traveled a lot. We had in-home euthanasia and I recommend it. It made a big difference to us.

Australian Shepherds seem to have a tendency to tandem fetch and if there are more than two, they join in as well. We lost my Daughter's Blue Merle, Suede, on December 30th 2023. My daughter lived with us when she got him and needed to leave him with us the last quarter or two of college so we loved him like our own.

Our Red Tri Darby is now left without a tandem fetch partner.
Looks like he had an amazing life with many happy memories for you both. Sorry for your loss - never easy. I know for me the first week was pretty rough...gets better after that as long as you just focus on the memories. Hope your wife is able to do the same and remember him playing fetch and snuggles.
Appreciate 1
GeorgeR385.50