BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

08-27-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
iknowspurgeon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5

Door Leaks .....this is odd!!!!

Ok team. Need to see if this has happened to anyone else. After striping out my interior to deep clean, I discovered water built up under the rear seat sound barrier…..crap!! Obviously a sign of sunroof drain problem. As I take out the carpets, I found more water. WTH…..

I fixed the sunroof drain (really clogged ) and I checked the drain holes in the door and all looked ok. So I thought the water was coming from the sunroof drains……..WRONG!!!

So before I put the interior back in, I decided to do another water test. I hooked my hose to a step ladder and let the water hit the window for 3 minutes. To my amazement, the floor was filled with water. VAPOR barrier. So I suck the water out and repeated the process but this time I got inside the car to see where the leaks were coming from. It appears the water was leaking from the barrier, but at the same time, water started to build by the door’s bottom seal..!?!?! All of a sudden, water started overflowing the door seal and leaking onto the floor. WTF……….

I climbed out of the rear left passenger door and turned the water off. When I opened the door, the drain hole 🕳️ then started gushing out water!!!! WTH!! Repeated the exact same process on the left side AND HAD NO ISSUES!!!!

I think the problem is the M door sill being too tall and there is not enough of a gap to let the water drain.

My question is……..HAS ANYONE ELSE had this happen to them?? What did you do or recommend doing ? I wonder if I can use a roller to lower the profile of the sill.

Thanks
Appreciate 0