BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-19-2024, 11:46 AM   #1
imbaworld
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60

E60 Air con not working at all

Hello.

I finally decided to fix air con for my old E60. Even tho it's second and not very often used car in our family, I realized second hand market price is low so decided it to keep it till the end of her life. So E60 with m57n and IHKA Basic. New air con pump, new pressure valve, no leaks, all fuses alright, console part also tested - ok, but missing 12 or whatever v at pump.

Launch trowing:

9C69 IHKA: Monitor, supply, Compressor Clutch BASIS
9C6A IHKA: Compressor Clutch
9C6B IHKA: Auxiliary-water Pump

IMHO none of these errors should cause 12 or whatever v at pump but i can be wrong.

Already asked on other forums but havent got a single answer, will appreciate any help.

Last edited by imbaworld; 07-19-2024 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2024, 03:59 PM   #2
Lucian009
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi cpe, '09 535x wgn

Garage List
2008 bmw 335xi  [0.00]
2009 bmw 535 xi  [0.00]
This won't be of much help but I just thought to empathize. I have a 2009 e61 535xi and kept this car through many expensive and frustrating fixes/maintenance since it's such a great car otherwise and, as you say, the market value is so crazy low (probably because of people being afraid of that maintenance). If I were a mechanic with a proper garage, would keep it forever.

The a/c started leaking about 3 years ago but the garage didn't find any leakage point (they said the last place to check was under the dashboard - an expensive job that I passed on). So I'd do refills every 2 months or so in the summer and all was workable. About a month ago, as the cooling was diminishing again, I tried to refill but the system pressure was normal, even high. I noticed that the electric engine fan was coming on high every time I'd turn on the a/c, which is something that hadn't happened before. Now, the engine fan comes on rather often even as I don't touch the a/c. So, potentially bigger issue (thermostat, solenoid, water pump...), while the a/c doesn't cool at all anymore when I try it on, even as I hear the compressor engaging.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
imbaworld
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60

Seems like I am forced to pull dash out, because nothing helps. It's either ECU itself or wiring, but I'm 90% sure it's wiring somewhere...

Will get back to topic once done with issue.
Appreciate 0