BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

03-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #23
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

So far, fairly happy with the Cowboys offseason.

Get Gilmore for a season to play alongside Diggs and allow the young guys on the roster and/or draft picks to develop. Bland was doing great in the slot last year as well.

Cooks allows the Cowboys to use CD in the slot more, where he excels. Cooks and Gallup outside with CD in the slot will be dangerous, especially as Gallup has now had an offseason to get the knee completely healthy.

Releasing Zeke, idk on. There were reports he was willing to take a pay cut, and designating him a June 1st cut doesnt free up any money now. Would have rather seen them get a paycut in and keep Zeke. Pollard coming off the knee injury, an unknown at HB after Pollard in Davis and a rookie or 2 doesnt leave me feeling great about the position. Especially since Zeke is one of the better, if not the best, at pass protection. If we get a ton of injuries on the OL again, we're gonna want zeke back there.

Re-signing and letting guys go. Hasnt been a guy yet they've re-signed that i dont like, and the ones that have signed elsewhere werent guys i wanted to keep.

My super early, but well thought out and super accurate prediction for the season, 19-1 w/ a SB win. Their 1 loss coming vs a bad team in headscratching fashion, as is the Cowboys way.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 03:14 PM   #24
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
My super early, but well thought out and super accurate prediction for the season, 19-1 w/ a SB win. Their 1 loss coming vs a bad team in headscratching fashion, as is the Cowboys way.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 04:35 PM   #25
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
HAHAHA.....every year is the same. Cowboys gonna win SB!
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      03-21-2023, 06:55 PM   #26
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Hate that we lost Dalton Schultz to the Texans, but glad that Dante Fowler agreed to terms today.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/s...al-with-texans
      03-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #27
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Hate that we lost Dalton Schultz to the Texans, but glad that Dante Fowler agreed to terms today.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/s...al-with-texans
our young TEs in henderson and ferguson can more than make up for Schultz 500yds 5tds last season. And most likely we snag another in the draft.

Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      04-17-2023, 04:37 PM   #28
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

No shot the Eagles just gave Hurts the most guaranteed money($179mill) in league history. 5yr, $255mill, $51mill per, and no trade clause.

Talk about betting the farm on one player.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 07:43 PM   #29
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
No shot the Eagles just gave Hurts the most guaranteed money($179mill) in league history. 5yr, $255mill, $51mill per, and no trade clause.

Talk about betting the farm on one player.
This demonstrates the outrageous market for QBs!
Let's not forget that Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson are in line to get paid.
The BROWNS are to blame for this by paying DeShawn Watson all that $$$$$$
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34176.50
      04-17-2023, 11:53 PM   #30
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
This demonstrates the outrageous market for QBs!
Let's not forget that Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson are in line to get paid.
The BROWNS are to blame for this by paying DeShawn Watson all that $$$$$$
After one good season? Surrounded by some a best talent in the league. Probably one of the easiest schedules in history. Played Daniel Jones and Broc Purdy(who ended up getting hurt) to get to the Superbowl. To be honest his stat line for last year was... meh.

I am all for these guys getting paid. Burrow and Jackson have proven themselves. Supposedly Lamar is only asking for $200mill. Deshaun without his off field issues, is worth that money. Deshaun had multiple great seasons, his 2020 season was special. Almost 5,000yds, 33tds, 7int.

Guess I still see Hurts as getting cut by Nick Saban. Lets see if he lives up to that contract. Honestly pulling for him, seems like a good guy.

But this is Mahomes money...wow.

Last edited by M3WC; 04-18-2023 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 09:56 AM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
After one good season? Surrounded by some a best talent in the league. Probably one of the easiest schedules in history. Played Daniel Jones and Broc Purdy(who ended up getting hurt) to get to the Superbowl. To be honest his stat line for last year was... meh.

I am all for these guys getting paid. Burrow and Jackson have proven themselves. Supposedly Lamar is only asking for $200mill. Deshaun without his off field issues, is worth that money. Deshaun had multiple great seasons, his 2020 season was special. Almost 5,000yds, 33tds, 7int.

Guess I still see Hurts as getting cut by Nick Saban. Lets see if he lives up to that contract. Honestly pulling for him, seems like a good guy.

But this is Mahomes money...wow.
Its how the QB market works. The next guy up gets paid a bag.

Every credible report that is out there on lamar is he is asking for more than deshaun and fully guaranteed. The leaked offers from the Ravens were higher than what Hurts just signed for as well. Dude really needs an agent.

And no, deshaun is not worth that money. He has 1 good season, a season that his team went 4-12 and were down big early in games, and then didnt play for 2 years because he was unhappy with the contract he had just signed, plus had 2 dozen sexual assault cases. That contract was 100% the Browns being the Browns and not knowing how to run a franchise.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 10:24 AM   #32
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Its how the QB market works. The next guy up gets paid a bag.

Every credible report that is out there on lamar is he is asking for more than deshaun and fully guaranteed. The leaked offers from the Ravens were higher than what Hurts just signed for as well. Dude really needs an agent.

And no, deshaun is not worth that money. He has 1 good season, a season that his team went 4-12 and were down big early in games, and then didnt play for 2 years because he was unhappy with the contract he had just signed, plus had 2 dozen sexual assault cases. That contract was 100% the Browns being the Browns and not knowing how to run a franchise.
I don't understand how it got to this point with Deshaun Watson. The Browns continue to be a poorly ran organization with shady leadership. The dude clearly crossed the line with multiple women. No way something didn't happen when 25 or so people spoke up with a similar concern. Then here come the rich-people lawyers, payouts, and non-disclosure agreements. Isn't that basically prostitution? Guy gets some handies and then pays $100K or whatever to make sure they never say what happened?

Athleticism is a small part of what makes a great football player, being a good person makes up the rest. And don't tell me the guy still doesn't have an obsession with getting handies or whatever from tons of women....I bet he gets more handies next season from different women than he throws TD passes.
      04-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #33
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Reading some very solid opinions about quarterbacks. Anyone have a take on the Vikings QB situation? Sounds like Cousins is willing to take a pay cut in order to sign an extension but I think the Vikes are going to hold off to see how the draft goes. Some reports have us linked to the Tennessee QB Hendon Rooker who I know nothing about. I wouldn't mind the Vikes being aggressive and trying to land a higher rated QB like an Anthony Richardson.

On the Justin Jefferson front, we need to have a stud 2nd receiver to pull attention away from JJ. Maybe Hockenson can fill that void. The Vikes need to be all in on JJ (meaning pay the man and have a supporting cast) or trade him away. I would hate to pay him big bucks and not set him up for success.
      04-24-2023, 04:48 PM   #34
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation

*BREAKING*
Attached Images

04-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #35
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
*BREAKING*
Finally, now we came move on to a regular draft and pre-season in GB.

Sad to see him go, but also looking forward to see what JL10 has to offer.
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50
      04-24-2023, 11:30 PM   #36
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Good luck to Packers fans. They have enjoyed 30 straight years of Hall of Fame level QB play(Favre/Rodgers).

Reality is about to set in.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      04-25-2023, 09:59 AM   #37
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Except.....it doesn't take a great QB to have a great team. Look at Niners, Philly, number of other good teams. GB will be fine if they get a decent D coordinator and some good drafts.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 11:05 AM   #38
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Good luck to Packers fans. They have enjoyed 30 straight years of Hall of Fame level QB play(Favre/Rodgers).

Reality is about to set in.
As a Pats fan, welcome to the SUCK GB! You don't know how well you had it until it's gone. Favre/Rodgers built a dynasty in a 'small town' known as GreenBay.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 11:43 AM   #39
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
As a Pats fan, welcome to the SUCK GB! You don't know how well you had it until it's gone. Favre/Rodgers built a dynasty in a 'small town' known as GreenBay.
Pats fans have slightly more unrealistic expectations.... If you have a good GM and a "good enough" QB, you can still be a consistent playoff team. With only 2 SBs in 30 years, its not like there needs to be "Super Bowl or bust" attitude every single year.
Especially with the Pats, the recent failures lie as much with the GM as the success was due to him. Possible that the old grouch just isn't changing with the times?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #40
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Except.....it doesn't take a great QB to have a great team. Look at Niners, Philly, number of other good teams. GB will be fine if they get a decent D coordinator and some good drafts.
It is all fine and dandy until you are 25+ years down the road with no more SB championships. Niners were the last team to have true back to back Hall of Fame QBs(Montana/Young). Their fans are still waiting since 1995. Another problem is going to get big free agents to live/play up in GB without an elite QB. Front office already had enough problems trying to surround Rodgers with talent. Likely going to need to hit the draft lottery again, similar to getting Rodgers...or get stuck in a forever rut like the Bears.

Last edited by M3WC; 04-25-2023 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 01:17 PM   #41
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

you guys need to shut the fuck up about greenbay sucking before you jinx it and love somehow is a HOF qb

i feel like the Jets overpayed. The packers had no leverage. But i guess if it ends in a SB win, its worth it.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 01:45 PM   #42
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It is all fine and dandy until you are 25+ years down the road with no more SB championships. Niners were the last team to have true back to back Hall of Fame QBs(Montana/Young). Their fans are still waiting since 1995. Another problem is going to get big free agents to live/play up in GB without an elite QB. Front office already had enough problems trying to surround Rodgers with talent. Likely going to need to hit the draft lottery again, similar to getting Rodgers...or get stuck in a forever rut like the Bears.
Front office had problems surrounding Rodgers with talent because of how much they were paying him. GB has not been a big player in big name free agents since Reggie White. Very conservative that way. And its always better to build thru the draft. The eventual problems with really good veteran QBs is how much of the salary cap it takes to keep them on the team and happy. I said all along Packers should never have given Rodgers that last contract, should have traded him after his last MVP season. Could have gotten 2 firsts for him and not be on the hook for his huge contract. But I think they made the best of a bad situation....
So GB will be crappy for a while, mostly because of salary cap issues, but hey it'll be nice not to be drafting nearly last every year.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 01:57 PM   #43
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
you guys need to shut the fuck up about greenbay sucking before you jinx it and love somehow is a HOF qb

Quote:
i feel like the Jets overpayed. The packers had no leverage. But i guess if it ends in a SB win, its worth it.
Eagles overpayed for QB essentially cut by Nick Saban. Lets not forget Rodgers was back to back MVP before last season.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 02:43 PM   #44
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Eagles overpayed for QB essentially cut by Nick Saban. Lets not forget Rodgers was back to back MVP before last season.
talking about a QBs college career when discussing his NFL career tells me everything i need to know...

hurts was in the MVP convo last year till he got hurt as well.

Appreciate 0