BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #67
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws
You implied that Porsche's are a dime a dozen as to imply they are of lesser value. Rolex's are ubiquitous yet aren't seen as lesser value in the watch community by any stretch of the imagination. The 911 has a loyal following.
I don't think he was implying Porsche was lesser in value but, around LA, seeing a Porsche is like seeing a Camry. Only time I get excited is if it's a GT3 or higher. Other models are everywhere. That's not taking away from the quality or value of the car, but seeing 10 Porsches on a simple 10 minute drive really takes away from the appeal a bit.

And same with a Rolex, seeing a $8-$10k Rolex on everyones hand gets played out pretty quick.
      10-29-2015, 06:58 PM   #68
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Either you appreciate horology for what it is or not. Nothing gets "played out". How can a tool, a watch, get played out?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Either you appreciate horology for what it is or not. Nothing gets "played out". How can a tool, a watch, get played out?
Loll wth .. The brand gets played out not the actual object.
      10-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #70
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
They're one in the same. I don't get this juvenile "played out" crap. Everything doesn't have to be a trend or "in". Just let it be.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #71
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They're one in the same. I don't get this juvenile "played out" crap. Everything doesn't have to be a trend or "in". Just let it be.
They're not one in the same.. Not even close and it has nothing to do with trends. If you don't get it.. I can't continue the conversation.
      10-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #72
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
They're not one in the same.. Not even close and it has nothing to do with trends. If you don't get it.. I can't continue the conversation.
A Rolex is a Rolex just like a Porsche is a Porsche because of its quality, prestige and historical relevance. Those cannot be separated, not even by a person like you looking from the outside in.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #73
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
A Rolex is a Rolex just like a Porsche is a Porsche because of its quality, prestige and historical relevance. Those cannot be separated, not even by a person like you looking from the outside in.
Yes a Porsche is a Porsche, it has prestige, appeal, quality.. BUT all that goes away when you see the damn thing 50 times a day. All of sudden that prestige and appeal is gone. Which is why Ferrari limits its sales to 7k a year (going to be 9k soon), because it wants to hold on to that. Porsche sold almost 200k cars last year, and it's everywhereee in LA. Unless I see a GT3 or above.. Does nothing for me anymore.

Not sure where you live, but you seem to be the one looking in from the outside. Come live in LA for a couple years and see how you feel.

And saying a Rolex is playing out, isn't saying ALL watches are played out.
      10-31-2015, 02:03 AM   #74
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Yes a Porsche is a Porsche, it has prestige, appeal, quality.. BUT all that goes away when you see the damn thing 50 times a day. All of sudden that prestige and appeal is gone. Which is why Ferrari limits its sales to 7k a year (going to be 9k soon), because it wants to hold on to that. Porsche sold almost 200k cars last year, and it's everywhereee in LA. Unless I see a GT3 or above.. Does nothing for me anymore.

Not sure where you live, but you seem to be the one looking in from the outside. Come live in LA for a couple years and see how you feel.

Sounding like a hipster.

Just wondering what vehicle you drive?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 12:06 PM   #75
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
Quote:

Sounding like a hipster.

Just wondering what vehicle you drive?
I ride a wooden bicycle and wear cloths made from the finest hemp.
      10-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #76
DTMAMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e63

i am with aw33tt, yes Porsche is a great car/brand, like Rolex, but here in LA, there are simply waayy too many of them, but yes, if it were a gt3, turbo(S), GT2, then it is just another porsche..
Appreciate 0