BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #45
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
At least you're confident, which is good.

I'm simply stating DLP works well, especially for movies and fast motion like sports and gaming. The size admittedly is not as sleek, "new" or sexy, but I guarantee you the picture is every bit as good with even some advantages. Rainbows can be an issue for some and the size are really the only downsides. A properly calibrated DLP with a pure source like blu ray is great and many movie theaters still use digital DLP projectors, because they work well and produce great results.

You have to remember, I got it 3 years ago and it's impossible to stay current at all times. In 3 years, there will be something else for you too.

Dude...my stand looks exactly like that but it's just a little wider to support An 82 inch TV and the TV is on top. I also have my receiver, ps3, ps4, Xbox One, DVR, and Klipsch RC-64 center. Looks just as clean and I have a lot more equipment and cables to run.

You have much simpler setup that looks clean, but no cleaner than my DLP setup because you have a stand underneath the tv. I really need the stand to store all my equipment. You understand since you did the same thing with a much simpler setup.

Apples and oranges anyway. Your living room setup can't be compared to my media room....I have over 400 pounds in 3 speakers and a subwoofer next to my DLPand 4. More speakers on the sides and rear.

I have a 60 inch LED on the wall in the living room, but that works bc I have only my wireless receiver and a simple blu ray. All movies and big games are watched in the media room.
post pics....

oh, and the reason why I got this 75" Sammy as opposed to the 80" Sharp, is because I read quite a few reviews on how the picture quality of the 80 was less than the 75" and the fact that it lagged during gaming...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yep, thinking about having D-Nice come and ISF calibrate it.
I say do it. DNice or Dewayne calibrated both my Pioneer panels. He spent 4 hours (no joke) dialing in my 141FD. He spent 2 hours on my 1010HD. This was all on the same day. Some may think the cost to have him calibrate a TV is pricey, but when you see how much time he spends in getting things right, you'll agree it's well worth the money. The calibration reports I posted on my 141FD in ISF Day mode was from his calibration.

He's also a nice guy to talk to and will answer any questions you ask.
Appreciate 0