BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Phylum
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Solara 4cyl

Question Lemon Buyback BMW

I found an M5 (06 69k miles $25k) I'm likely going to move forward with, but ran across an 07 with 79k miles also for $25k. The catch: its a lemon buyback vehicle.

I spoke with BMWNA today to get more information on the VIN and they said they couldn't provide me with the specifics, but could tell me which dealer to contact.
I contacted the dealer and at first they were going to share this information with me but backpedaled at the last moment. Instead, they said I needed to have the current owner of the vehicle (another dealership) to send them proof of ownership (bill of sale, title etc) so they could disclose the history to them so they could pass it on to me.
(whew!)

I plan sharing a redacted copy of the history here for any that care to see, but I have to ask:

Is this even worth investigating or should I just stay far, far, away?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

I'd look into it, what do you have to lose? You never know why it was lemon lawed; it could have been something as simple as three trips to the dealer for faulty TPMS sensors.

Having said that, there's no way I'd pay the same amount for a lemon-lawed car that I'd pay for a 'clean' car.

Good luck with your car search.
Appreciate 0