BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-19-2024, 12:36 PM   #89
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Clearly ride quality holds zero value for American drivers. And BMW owners on a BMW enthusiast forum who say they would choose a pickup if they could only have one vehicle absolutely shock me!! Regardless of what anyone says, pickups ride, handle, and drive like sh!t. That is an indisputable fact!! SUVs are barely any better. Even BMW SUVs, which I consider the best riding, handling, and driving SUVs available still don’t come anywhere close to a 3er. I will admit I am biased. I literally despise pickups. One of the best driving things about living in Chicago as opposed to Texas is the relative lack of pickups on the roads. We Texans always say everything is bigger in Texas, and that is generally true, but apparently there are a lot of small d!cks in Texas, because I assure you there are a lot of pickup truck owners who are compensating for something.

I can rent a U-Haul van for $19 for 24 hours and haul almost anything a pickup can haul and if I truly need a pickup I can rent one of those.
I've owned BMWs for 36 years straight and 3 different pickups, a Jeep and a Bronco during that timeframe. The '87 Ranger STX, H3T Alpha, and '22 Bronco handle quite well for their respective vehicle types. The '95 Jeep Wrangler was surprisingly communicative (and raw as shit). Maybe you lack some experience with trucks. Renting a truck or van wastes half a day of project time. I just get in and turn the key. Eff renting, what a PITA.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2024, 09:21 AM   #90
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Clearly ride quality holds zero value for American drivers. And BMW owners on a BMW enthusiast forum who say they would choose a pickup if they could only have one vehicle absolutely shock me!! Regardless of what anyone says, pickups ride, handle, and drive like sh!t. That is an indisputable fact!! SUVs are barely any better. Even BMW SUVs, which I consider the best riding, handling, and driving SUVs available still don’t come anywhere close to a 3er. I will admit I am biased. I literally despise pickups. One of the best driving things about living in Chicago as opposed to Texas is the relative lack of pickups on the roads. We Texans always say everything is bigger in Texas, and that is generally true, but apparently there are a lot of small d!cks in Texas, because I assure you there are a lot of pickup truck owners who are compensating for something.

I can rent a U-Haul van for $19 for 24 hours and haul almost anything a pickup can haul and if I truly need a pickup I can rent one of those.
Who hurt you? Lol.

No but seriously, you're not biased, just wrong. The 3 is a joke. I had a 330i as a loaner a few weeks ago and my X5 M50 with M Pro and DHP ran circles around it. It both corners harder and rides better than the 3. I was exceptionally disappointed in it, because people.hold the 3 in such high regard. It was a disappointment, and made me feel better about skipping over M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2024, 10:34 AM   #91
whofelt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340x Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
Who hurt you? Lol.

No but seriously, you're not biased, just wrong. The 3 is a joke. I had a 330i as a loaner a few weeks ago and my X5 M50 with M Pro and DHP ran circles around it. It both corners harder and rides better than the 3. I was exceptionally disappointed in it, because people.hold the 3 in such high regard. It was a disappointment, and made me feel better about skipping over M3.
Ya’ll bickering like a bunch of females, I normally do not indulge in oh my car is better than your car arguments, but the x5 m50 is nearing $100,000 fully equipped whereas the 330 is $50,000 or so fully equipped. Bad comparisons my guy.
      06-20-2024, 11:23 AM   #92
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whofelt View Post
Ya’ll bickering like a bunch of females, I normally do not indulge in oh my car is better than your car arguments, but the x5 m50 is nearing $100,000 fully equipped whereas the 330 is $50,000 or so fully equipped. Bad comparisons my guy.
Agreed, but my perspective was if a soft riding 330i didn't ride very well, a more performance oriented M3 wouldn't ride any better. It was less "this 60k car is worse than this 100k car", and more "this least aggressive version of the car rides poorly so the 100k performance version is gonna be REALLY rough. FWIW, the 330i loaner stickered at like 60k and had no heated seats. It's was absurdly overpriced IMO.

That and the 3 isn't just a flat out better vehicle than everything else. It's definitely fallen from grace since the 00s.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2024, 02:31 PM   #93
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Who hurt you? Lol.

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

06-20-2024, 06:32 PM   #94
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Who hurt you? Lol.

No it didn’t.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2024, 06:34 PM   #95
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Agreed, but my perspective was if a soft riding 330i didn't ride very well, a more performance oriented M3 wouldn't ride any better. It was less "this 60k car is worse than this 100k car", and more "this least aggressive version of the car rides poorly so the 100k performance version is gonna be REALLY rough. FWIW, the 330i loaner stickered at like 60k and had no heated seats. It's was absurdly overpriced IMO.

That and the 3 isn't just a flat out better vehicle than everything else. It's definitely fallen from grace since the 00s.
This I can agree with.
Appreciate 0