BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

02-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #46685
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
The curse words were plentiful when this happened.....confirmed broken little piggy toe
1MOREMOD is clearly not the only alien in the OT anymore.
      02-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #46686
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Quote:
The curse words were plentiful when this happened.....confirmed broken little piggy toe

Well played. But I sense a little jelly at the pic of my lovely feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      02-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #46687
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It looks like someone photoshopped some of the floor on your foot to give it some color. Other than green that is.

So what's the story with the broken piggy? Night stand, kitchen chair, corner of a desk, goat didn't like you sneaking up behind it?
      02-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #46688
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
No, we did look at one, but missed getting in on a special offer so it became too expensive. We went with the LR2 instead.

Served us reasonably well, though there is a gremlin in the trunk that acts up from time to time preventing the trunk from latching which is annoying. Other than that, no major issues.
Okay, I thought for some reason someone in OT had an Evoque and I had some questions, been considering getting one but its mostly just that..., a consideration. Kind of over the 128i and online reviews of LR products seems to be all over the place of good and bad (kind of like anything).

Quote:

It looks like someone photoshopped some of the floor on your foot to give it some color. Other than green that is.

So what's the story with the broken piggy? Night stand, kitchen chair, corner of a desk, goat didn't like you sneaking up behind it?
Probably just kicked someones walker on the way into the bingo hall.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #46689
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Okay, I thought for some reason someone in OT had an Evoque and I had some questions, been considering getting one but its mostly just that..., a consideration. Kind of over the 128i and online reviews of LR products seems to be all over the place of good and bad (kind of like anything).
Yeah, much like anything else, you can get a decent one or a lemon. IMO, their quality has improved, though also IMO, not to the standard that one would expect from something in that price point. A domestic, sure, but not the import.

I would consider getting another LR product at some point in the future as well. From experience though, make sure there is a dealer close by your new place. We moved after we leased, and where we moved to, it wound up being an hour's drive to get to the nearest dealer. That's a pain. And there isn't many dealers.

Be prepared for some little foibles to crop up - mostly it seemed electrical gremlins, nothing major though aside from the trunk. And the D pillar cladding on the drivers side detached almost all the way one time making an awful noise on the highway - the tech I spoke to had never seen it happen on the LR2 before given the body design, but did say they'd seen it on the RR products, so it's a consideration for you if you go that route. Not a big deal and easily fixed under warranty, just be prepared that little things will crop up and make you wonder why they can't get it right in a vehicle that costs as much as it does.

But they are unique in a way, and I love the look - there's something to be said about that, and I'm sure you get it too. So at the end of the day, I'm willing to overlook what I encountered, and if I were buying again, I'd probably consider the RR sport now that the LR4 is discontinued. Unless a really neat version of the Defender comes out - that is a killer looking truck and I'd get it in a heartbeat if the restored examples around here weren't $100K plus.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #46690
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Caught the door jam this morning. Went to work and decided to get it X-ray'd at 3 today. Hurts like hell right now....
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #46691
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Sir.. I wish you a speedy recovery !

-Philippe .
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #46692
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Sir.. I wish you a speedy recovery !

-Philippe .
Thank you sir.

I hope you are well?!
Quote:
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #46693
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yeah, much like anything else, you can get a decent one or a lemon. IMO, their quality has improved, though also IMO, not to the standard that one would expect from something in that price point. A domestic, sure, but not the import.

I would consider getting another LR product at some point in the future as well. From experience though, make sure there is a dealer close by your new place. We moved after we leased, and where we moved to, it wound up being an hour's drive to get to the nearest dealer. That's a pain. And there isn't many dealers.

Be prepared for some little foibles to crop up - mostly it seemed electrical gremlins, nothing major though aside from the trunk. And the D pillar cladding on the drivers side detached almost all the way one time making an awful noise on the highway - the tech I spoke to had never seen it happen on the LR2 before given the body design, but did say they'd seen it on the RR products, so it's a consideration for you if you go that route. Not a big deal and easily fixed under warranty, just be prepared that little things will crop up and make you wonder why they can't get it right in a vehicle that costs as much as it does.

But they are unique in a way, and I love the look - there's something to be said about that, and I'm sure you get it too. So at the end of the day, I'm willing to overlook what I encountered, and if I were buying again, I'd probably consider the RR sport now that the LR4 is discontinued. Unless a really neat version of the Defender comes out - that is a killer looking truck and I'd get it in a heartbeat if the restored examples around here weren't $100K plus.
That's where the toss up is, everything I've read seems to be these little nuances. Anything pre 2014, the transmission was quirky and had random shift points, however haven't seen much of that from newer models. Been popping around forums and whatever is out there, a lot of good being said, then shit like you noted with interior shmissues and some electrical.

Like you said, really just like the style of it, wouldn't mind having an SUV and a lot of the others just seem simple both exterior and interior. May not even end up getting one, just buy blizzaks and wait for a motor explosion then do something about it.

Quote:
Caught the door jam this morning. Went to work and decided to get it X-ray'd at 3 today. Hurts like hell right now....
Are you busy this coming week or next weekend? I'll be home from work, want to give you a brick of this ground venison.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #46694
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sucks. Good reason to spend the weekend on the sofa.

Side story about caching a door frame. I was playing with the dog last night and we were getting a little rough. I took off down a hallway and he charged after me. We were exchanging blows and i turned him around and ran past him. I guess he swung around to give chase and slammed his nose directly into a door frame on an angled wall. I heard what sounded like someone just hit the door with a battering ram accompanied by a yelp. He stopped moving around so much and just stood there for a second licking his nose which was red. I wiped it off and it had a little bit of blood on it. I went around the corner and looked at the door jamb and there was a bloody spot on the door frame. looked like a blood soaked tennis ball hit the door and then someone drew a dogs nose in the middle of it. lol Having already determined that he was fine, since he went back to attacking me after wiping his nose, it was kind of funny seeing the mark he left on the door frame. I was took quick to get it off of the paint to get a picture. Reminded me of the Bugs Bunny shaped hole in doors.
      02-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #46695
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

I would not buy anything made by Nissan now. The brand has really gone cheap in manufacturing. No paint in trunk jams, I've seen 2 Infinitys that had extensive bubbling on dash. Upper door weatherstrip completely disintegrating. It's really sad to see a once great car company going to shit. I owned 2 Datsuns back in the day, and every member of my family has owned Datsuns.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #46696
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's where the toss up is, everything I've read seems to be these little nuances. Anything pre 2014, the transmission was quirky and had random shift points, however haven't seen much of that from newer models. Been popping around forums and whatever is out there, a lot of good being said, then shit like you noted with interior shmissues and some electrical.

Like you said, really just like the style of it, wouldn't mind having an SUV and a lot of the others just seem simple both exterior and interior. May not even end up getting one, just buy blizzaks and wait for a motor explosion then do something about it.

Are you busy this coming week or next weekend? I'll be home from work, want to give you a brick of this ground venison.
The Evoke is a cool looking car. I'd suggest driving one before putting any more thought into them. I've had one as a loaner when i was getting my receiver hitch installed. Didn't spend more than 2 hours in it that day but it was a nice place to be. For me, the roof sloping down at the back does two things i don't care for. It reduces your field of vision from the rear view mirror and more importantly for a SUV, it severely decreases the usable rear cargo room. The higher your cargo is, the shorter it must be in order to clear the rear slope.

Also, it's only available with the 2.0 4 cylinder, which was ample power, but the 378hp V6 would make that vehicle a lot more attractive. I can say that the RR line got a new software flash a several months ago and it's transformed the transmission for the better. Shifts are more crisp, predictable, cleaner faster down shifts as well.
      02-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #46697
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Thank you sir.

I hope you are well?!
You are welcome , thank you Sir !

As for your little toe ...Put your foot in a warm water bath with salt for your little toe 2 X day / 10 minutes .

The flu is everywhere in Belgium , and a lot of old people died from the flu ..It was today in the newspaper and I thought poor old people !

I'm hit by a cold on top of my chronic sinus problem and my head feels like it's going to explode by the pressure in my head ... serious stuffy noise ect..
Think we both suffer ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #46698
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
The Evoke is a cool looking car. I'd suggest driving one before putting any more thought into them. I've had one as a loaner when i was getting my receiver hitch installed. Didn't spend more than 2 hours in it that day but it was a nice place to be. For me, the roof sloping down at the back does two things i don't care for. It reduces your field of vision from the rear view mirror and more importantly for a SUV, it severely decreases the usable rear cargo room. The higher your cargo is, the shorter it must be in order to clear the rear slope.

Also, it's only available with the 2.0 4 cylinder, which was ample power, but the 378hp V6 would make that vehicle a lot more attractive. I can say that the RR line got a new software flash a several months ago and it's transformed the transmission for the better. Shifts are more crisp, predictable, cleaner faster down shifts as well.
The only reason I don't feel compartment space would bother me is mostly because getting rid of a tiny 2 door coupe with no room, and also never really having to move much. View path is a must, so will definitely test drive one if do decide to make a move since it is a little bigger than the car.

Wasn't sure if it was available or not, but that was the other thought. Didn't consider a flash, but did think about upgrading the turbo a little bit and maybe a few other bits like a different diverter valve. Don't know why but just kind of stood out and it's been on my mind ever since.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #46699
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The only reason I don't feel compartment space would bother me is mostly because getting rid of a tiny 2 door coupe with no room, and also never really having to move much. View path is a must, so will definitely test drive one if do decide to make a move since it is a little bigger than the car.

Wasn't sure if it was available or not, but that was the other thought. Didn't consider a flash, but did think about upgrading the turbo a little bit and maybe a few other bits like a different diverter valve. Don't know why but just kind of stood out and it's been on my mind ever since.
I really like they way they look. Pretty much a mini RRS inside and out save for some minor details. It's a vehicle with loads of character in a class which is lacking just that.
      02-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #46700
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Holy Moon batman! That thing is yuuuge!
      02-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #46701
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
I really like they way they look. Pretty much a mini RRS inside and out save for some minor details. It's a vehicle with loads of character in a class which is lacking just that.
Really would like to get a Macan, but too out of proportion for what is reasonable to spend and the actual use of having something with a little more space. Plus it sounds like ex's last name and that'd be irritating.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      02-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #46702
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
spoke with the doctor...amputation's in your future
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #46703
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Those things are hideous but I too have broken little toe before was way worse than that half foot was black
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #46704
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:
Those things are hideous but I too have broken little toe before was way worse than that half foot was black
That was an hour after the 'incident'.

Foot is getting darker 12 hours later
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #46705
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Quote:
spoke with the doctor...amputation's in your future
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #46706
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
You completely ignored my question on the last page..., punch right in the feels.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread