BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-29-2024, 06:30 PM   #89
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I have sold BMWs for a living since 1976. That's right. Since "2002" was a model, not a year. To me, the XM is indicative of a larger problem with BMW and most manufacturers and a large part of the reason I just chose to retire rather than compromise my integrity by "stretching the truth" to sell the current BMW product line.

It won't mean much to the current BMW customer if I tell you I personally drive a 128i Msport 6-speed manual as my daily. To me it is just a newer version of my old 2002tii but with an extra 100-hp and working A/C. But at its very least, it still epitomizes the essence of what made BMW's reputation ever since the late '60s, and will forever live as the last of the BMWs with an in-line normally aspirated 6-cylinder engine, manual transmission, and the steering feedback that apparently only hydraulic boost can offer. It's the right size, if heavier than my 2002 by a bunch, but it is solidly made, and fun to drive. I have the iDrive version with just enough technology to allow me to download music, play my podcasts from phone through Bluetooth, make calls hands-free, and make any input to the car without needing to touch a screen while driving. And the world is beginning to show their appreciation for those essential BMW features from the past such that prices on the 128i increase every year.

I can't tell you the number of times my customers who have owned BMWs for decades usually buying a new model every three years have asked why with all the dashboard technology in the BMW they can't make a "legacy" mode available at the push of a button [...]

Great post. However I will say the G42 drives really well even though the interior looks like hot garbage.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2024, 05:51 AM   #90
jwmFcreek
Registered
Rep
Drives: Xm

I picked my frozen black label at a incredible discount cheaper then a X 5 and absolutely love it .
The car is stupid fast the seats are so comfortable the leather is soft and plush . The handles and drives like a race car . I like SUVs and had them all and this label blows them all away . I need to thank everyone who made this car almost unsellable because I got the best deal in the world and love my label .
Appreciate 0