BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

03-05-2022, 06:44 AM   #1
Jaketsuppi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e39, BMW e46, BMW e61

4x4, ABS and DCS failure, ESB problem

Hi folks,

I have a problem witch is quite common, but still not so common. Im sorry about my language, it's not best but I will try. Let's go.
Patient is a model of 2009.

First it gave me a warnging lights (same, 4x4, DCS, ABC and one more..? Cant remember now) witch went off when I shut the engine and took keys off. We find out that there was one dead ABS-sensor and replace that. No effect.
Then we try to take some live data off and that tells us that problem is transfer case and propably in actuator motor. Well we replaced that and it works fine again. Some time.
Then we figured out that the box lose adaptations. And that is a reason why it worked some time. It wasn't the replacement which did it, it was that adaptation reseting. Does it make any sense?

Then I ordered a new transfer case and again, replacement. It works just fine again, but just a while. Same problems, but worse. Now it doesnt give you even reset service advices of transfer case. ISTA+ says that now it is internal problem.

Before, it sometimes gives you only 4x4 warning lights, but usually it gives all of those. Now days it is straight all of those warnings. Not even try to work properly.
We took out live-data and it shows that abs sensors working properly.

Went inspector today and he said.. Well. You know. So.. I have spent so big amount of money in that car and now I really need good advices to find that problem with out spending lots of money.

Can it be some broken cable some where which takes a whole connection fault state? That would be awesome to find that spot if so..

ISTA+ gives me a codes:
00539E - VTG Malfunction, transfer box (Existent: No)
005F39 - Transfer case: internal (that wasnt there before I think..) (Existent: No)
009C54 - IHKA: AUC sensor (Existent: Yes)

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 09:42 PM   #2
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketsuppi View Post
Hi folks,

I have a problem witch is quite common, but still not so common. Im sorry about my language, it's not best but I will try. Let's go.
Patient is a model of 2009.

First it gave me a warnging lights (same, 4x4, DCS, ABC and one more..? Cant remember now) witch went off when I shut the engine and took keys off. We find out that there was one dead ABS-sensor and replace that. No effect.
Then we try to take some live data off and that tells us that problem is transfer case and propably in actuator motor. Well we replaced that and it works fine again. Some time.
Then we figured out that the box lose adaptations. And that is a reason why it worked some time. It wasn't the replacement which did it, it was that adaptation reseting. Does it make any sense?

Then I ordered a new transfer case and again, replacement. It works just fine again, but just a while. Same problems, but worse. Now it doesnt give you even reset service advices of transfer case. ISTA+ says that now it is internal problem.

Before, it sometimes gives you only 4x4 warning lights, but usually it gives all of those. Now days it is straight all of those warnings. Not even try to work properly.
We took out live-data and it shows that abs sensors working properly.

Went inspector today and he said.. Well. You know. So.. I have spent so big amount of money in that car and now I really need good advices to find that problem with out spending lots of money.

Can it be some broken cable some where which takes a whole connection fault state? That would be awesome to find that spot if so..

ISTA+ gives me a codes:
00539E - VTG Malfunction, transfer box (Existent: No)
005F39 - Transfer case: internal (that wasnt there before I think..) (Existent: No)
009C54 - IHKA: AUC sensor (Existent: Yes)

Thanks a lot!
Have you verified if your battery is strong? Also verify if the protection circuit which connects to the battery positive terminal is functioning properly. Bad batteries can cause all kinds of electrical issues in an E60, especially AWD and DAC failure codes.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #3
Jaketsuppi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e39, BMW e46, BMW e61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine View Post
Have you verified if your battery is strong? Also verify if the protection circuit which connects to the battery positive terminal is functioning properly. Bad batteries can cause all kinds of electrical issues in an E60, especially AWD and DAC failure codes.
Yes. I bought a new battery as well last year.

Car went a dealer with recall last year and they check battery inlets and at the same time they changed battery and told it to the car. So I think the problem is not that. Also it has been so long time by getting worse and worse.

Does anybody know what kind of problems do you have if your transfer case controller is broken?
Appreciate 0