BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

03-31-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

Turn off the chime or turn the volume way down?

How can I turn off the chime or turn the volume way down?
Is there a separate wire feeding the chime tone to the audio amp that I could cut?
On older models it was easy to yank the chime speaker.
Now on E60 they put the chime right out of the sound system.

Its obnoxiously loud. Sometimes it makes me want to unload the car just to get rid of the arrogant repetitive unstoppable aggravation along with moronic pointless notices that keep popping into the dashboard screen. The low gas is one example, or opening the door with the key in. No time out, just endless.
Less than 1/4 tank of gas sets off the chime and display warning a few times every mile in local driving.
Along with the incessant nuisance notifications, even when I turn the center display screen off, I still get nuisance warnings in the bottom of the display anyway.
Went through all the available settings with iDrive and also with a Foxwell diagnostic unit, but no reset or volume option nor a way to disable the chime.

Last edited by mpathic; 04-02-2017 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

Contact the mods. They may agree to delete your posts, but may or may not delete the entire thread depending on the information contained there.