BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 09:19 AM   #199
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
Cow farts
It's actually cow burps that they are concerned about.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:33 AM   #200
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Best I can tell from your posts are that someone can't believe in global warming unless they are doing everything possible to prevent it. Makes no sense.
I think it makes perfect sense. Why should I accept what someone says about the sky is falling (failing?) if they are not dedicated to preventing it? It's the classic "Do as I say, not as I do."

Why should I tolerate being called a climate denier and a science denier by someone who owns an over-powered, over-consuming automobile that is essentially in its lowest trim level an economy car? Such a person is saying that my actions are harming the earth for future generations because I am damaging the climate now. My logical response to such a person is, "FU, you start first." Driving an over-powered, over-consuming automobile is evidence their concern is not what they say it is.

This is the issue with those who meet in Davos.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:51 AM   #201
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Are “we” really still questioning anthropogenic climate change? Just wow.
What is the question about it?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:24 PM   #202
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I think it makes perfect sense. Why should I accept what someone says about the sky is falling (failing?) if they are not dedicated to preventing it? It's the classic "Do as I say, not as I do."

Why should I tolerate being called a climate denier and a science denier by someone who owns an over-powered, over-consuming automobile that is essentially in its lowest trim level an economy car? Such a person is saying that my actions are harming the earth for future generations because I am damaging the climate now. My logical response to such a person is, "FU, you start first." Driving an over-powered, over-consuming automobile is evidence their concern is not what they say it is.

This is the issue with those who meet in Davos.
Are you talking about my car as the “lowest level trim level of an economy car?” Fuck you. Are you paying for it? Maybe I drive it because that’s all the car I need, it’s what I can afford, or it’s what I’m willing to pay for a car. Whatever the reason is none of your damn business. When you buy my car, you can tell me what to drive. If you actually live in the US, you should know that there are a whole lot bigger and less efficient cars I could be driving instead of my M340. And to be clear, I’m not the one saying your actions or my actions are harming the climate. Overwhelming numbers of scientists are saying it - if you don’t like it or don’t believe it, publish your research refuting their claims. Otherwise, you’re just another troll prolonging an argument that’s long run it’s course. Nice hobby.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:28 PM   #203
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Are you talking about my car as the “lowest level trim level of an economy car?” Fuck you. Are you paying for it? Maybe I drive it because that’s all the car I need, it’s what I can afford, or it’s what I’m willing to pay for a car. Whatever the reason is none of your damn business. When you buy my car, you can tell me what to drive. If you actually live in the US, you should know that there are a whole lot bigger and less efficient cars I could be driving instead of my M340. And to be clear, I’m not the one saying your actions or my actions are harming the climate. Overwhelming numbers of scientists are saying it - if you don’t like it or don’t believe it, publish your research refuting their claims. Otherwise, you’re just another troll prolonging an argument that’s long run it’s course. Nice hobby.
Calm down son. I could give a rat's ass about your car. The 3-series, at the lowest trim level (in Europe) is an economy car, a taxi, and a police car. That's what I said. Check your ego at the door. I wasn't wasting my time trying to insult your car, so calm down. People of your [******] thinking are just so filled with hate you just can't tell when others are having a discussion rather than trying to insult. You preach tolerance but don't practice tolerance. Not everyone is trying to hurt you.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:19 PM   #204
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Calm down son. I could give a rat's ass about your car. The 3-series, at the lowest trim level (in Europe) is an economy car, a taxi, and a police car. That's what I said. Check your ego at the door. I wasn't wasting my time trying to insult your car, so calm down. People of your [******] thinking are just so filled with hate you just can't tell when others are having a discussion rather than trying to insult. You preach tolerance but don't practice tolerance. Not everyone is trying to hurt you.
You need to be more clear in your communication. I don’t give a flying fuck what a 3 Series is in Europe. I live in the United States. Supposedly you do too. Now I just think you and that other profile obsessed with Davos conspiracy theories are the same person. Sad and really damn weird.

Last edited by SportySpice; Today at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0