View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #43
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Driving towards winchester VA. Divided highway...rolling 70 or so. come up behind a minivan (MV) in left lane. Sedan in right lane. Can see heavy equipment being towed ahead in right lane.

We crest hill and sedan slams left in front of mini van to miss equipment. Mini can slams on brakes.

MV tailgates sedan. Sedan brake checks.

MV continues to tailgate closer... me and two friends back off...

Sedan slams on brakes HARD...MV slams back of sedan. Glass and brake lights shower us... MV pulls along side and they proceed to rub fenders for a good 1/4 mile.

Sedan takes off and me and one friend CHECK out easy 120+ making space........ not hanging out behind this mess. No place to pull uff.

Get to next light and both MV and sedan slam into left turn lane that empty and run the red against cross traffic. Both cars have heavy damage along the sides.

Later I call State Police....what if someone died....

I get a call back a day later and interviewed...tell him either car could have said "My bad" and backed off.

Sedan was never found....driver in minivan had injured kid who was unbelted.

Then Police says you guys took off pretty fast (I left that part out).

He said an off duty sheriff was in car behind us and said we took off and disappeared.

I asked the cop what he would have done.

He said ...I'd have done the exact same thing.....and tells me about his bikes....

Nuts.

People are stupid.

And getting worse...

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 3