05-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #330
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
It's sad to see such a great show end with a whimper, but the writers ran out of talent.

I'm surprised to see many people talk about how Jon got screwed. Honestly, he had a great ending. He never wanted to be King, and with the final scene of him going through the wall's gate he's not staying with the Night's Watch. He goes to live with Tormund and the free folk, the Night's Watch stuff was all BS just to appease the Doth and Unsullied (both of which somehow seemed to hit the respawn button lol).

Sansa is such a little bitter beeeyotch though, I never ever liked her throughout the entire series and she was super duper annoying in the final episode. She should have been buried under those bricks and not Cersei!

My big question left remaining is why Drogon didn't burn Jon? I know we've been led to believe that dragons are apparently highly intelligent, did he know Dany had crossed the line? Was he only doing his mother's bidding while she was alive? Sure didn't seem like it had a concept between right/wrong (except when he sort of hesitated burning Varys), so who knows wtf happened there. Why burn the Iron Throne as well unless the beast has critical thinking skills?

Oh well, another great tv show in the books.
Drogon was clearly very distressed when he found his mother had been killed and almost burnt Jon Snow to a crisp, but as you point out Dragons are supposed to be very clever, and I think he realised that it was his mothers obsession with power and getting the iron throne that was the real cause of her demise, so took his anger out on that damn throne. If she had stayed in Meereen as their queen after freeing all the slaves she would most likely still be alive and have her friends by her side and all three dragons!
Appreciate 1
NickyC17335.50