View Single Post
      03-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #11
toxaris71
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
I was going to say you were getting ripped till I scrolled and saw that rotor. Those rotors do appear to be sub-par, so it's not a blatant lie.

It's still safe to drive, and 10K miles of steady driving with a good mix of hard breaking events would have likely warn that rotor back into propper spec. You would then be rolling in at ~30K miles with in-spec rotors.

The bent wheel? How can they even tell? Irregular wear pattern? bad vibration while driving? Did they do a road balance test on them? That does seem a little sketchy.

Your experience may have been a little of both.
I ended up changing the rotors and pads at an independent shop (Zimmerman rotors/pads) just to be safe, though, I didn't think the old ones were bad enough to warrant a failed safety inspection.

As for the bent rim, my service advisor had told me that they took the wheels off, put them on a spinner, and one of the wheels had a slight wobble. It wasn't noticeable from inside the car though, and the car passed the dealer's road test just fine (good alignment, no wobble, no unusual noise, etc.). The independent shop didn't find any evidence of a bent rim.
Appreciate 3
DanG10657.50
chad86tsi1605.00