ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I dig this thread.

I watched The Last Ship, so now I know one USN destroyer is crewed by covert operators and can single handedly take on the entire world UNLESS it goes up against a ghost Iowa class battleship...

My gramps was Navy, dad was a Coastie, I ended up Army. Growing up I wanted to join the Navy, sometimes I wish I had because of the traveling the world. One of these days I need to visit a port and see some ships in person.
Join the Navy & see the world... All well & good, but the world is, like, 75% water!

The good part about the Navy is if one doesn't like where they are, the ship's leaving in a few days anyway. The bad thing is that if one likes where they are, the ship's leaving in a few days anyway. The engine room blew-up a boiler on our way to Subic Bay (thankfully, the fireball went up the stack and not into the engine room, which would have probably killed everyone in the compartment) and we had to spend about two months in Subic making repairs. Though I did get a great career out of the Navy and despite our USS Neverport nickname, I would do it again.
Appreciate 0