Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
There's a caveat to that. They do not cost the same comparably equipped. The manual comes with the Sport Chrono package for free. If you opt for DCT, you have to pay +/- $3k for the Sport Chrono package. So, in essence, the manual equipped car is cheaper than the DCT equipped car if comparably equipped (…and the majority of 911 owners opt for Sport Chrono).

Thanks for correcting me regarding 911 S. But the point still stands: there are multiple companies, including BMW, where you must unfairly pay the same regardless your transmission choice. This drives manual enthusiasts away, except the most dedicated ones.
I get what you're saying, but I personally wouldn't expect a discount for going with a manual. What I don't want is to be charged extra for a manual, which some manufacturers have done in the past.
No, there won't be any up charges for the manual M2..

Some folks might not remember this but a little over ten years ago, all BMWs below a 5 series came standard with a manual transmission; you actually had to option order an automatic gearbox for an addition cost or else your car arrived with a clutch pedal - just as God intended.

I'm pretty sure parts wise, it cost BMW a fraction for the manual gearbox they been recycling since the "E" generation, over whatever is their latest automatic option, so there is no additional cost for them to pass along.

As far is the franchise dealers go, if it's anything like the shitshow the original M2 release was in 2016, expect to pay heavy markups for an G87, auto or manual, for at least the first three years of production. And if you don't want to pony up for their the absurd markups, there are like thirty other posers in line waiting to blindly hand their money over sticker. So, also budget for a giant tub of high-viscosity ass lube if you intend on snatching up an M2 right upon its initial release.

Attached Images

Appreciate 3