c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NIQUES View Post
Can I ask you something - Why get a BMW when you have a Porshe? I need to know because I want my next car to be a 911 - what are the pros and cons?
Some things I've dealt with owning a 911. Maybe if it were a base model, would be lessened. But mine cost $165k before all the other stuff (tax, tags, title, PPF etc). This has definitely been an aspirational car for me.I also want to keep it until I pass or can no longer drive. But with the cost of it, I am always concerned about damage whether from rock chips (mitigated from PPF) or people being people.

I had a 718 Boxster before that and didn't really feel that anxiety. So I mainly drive it for fun, and go places where I don't have to worry about it when unattended. Because I want to hold onto it for a long time, I also ordered an M2 for driving to work and going most everywhere else so I don't have to worry about all that other stuff so much. My wife mainly drives our Macan GTS and despite it being over $100k, it kind of blends in and no one seems to have animosity over it.
Appreciate 0