08-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #3568
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I'm with you, I vastly prefer even a 1911 cocked and locked to a Glock. I've carried a Kimber of mine countless times that way with no problem, but I can't get past the idea of carrying a Glock chambered for the before mentioned issues. I'd love to get a Glock 21 due to it having the same magazines as my Vector .45, but I just can't do it.

I've been carrying my FNX .45 Tactical lately with an outside the waist band holster. I use the Sig 230gr. V-Crown JHP rounds with it.
So I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but when you say you've carried various guns without issue what do you mean? Have you found yourself in a situation where you had to draw and shoot? The reason I bring this up is I suspect that the vast majority of CCW folks never actually draw and shoot so there's a lot of speculation about one pistol vs another on their part. I'd suggest that folks should pick one gun to carry and stick with it, practice with it. Practice with the holster you'll use, always use the same holster. Practice drawing and shooting, practice moving to cover because that's what you should always do. Practice clearing stoppages. He who fights and runs away.... I'm not sure why folks don't like Block, 10 of Thousands of LEO carry them for a reason. They work, always, and they are simple to use in high stress situations.

Peace

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 08-20-2019 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0