On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I thought that applied to all handguns except for the P320!

Not trying to insult you or anything. I just meant if a handgun is being concealed or carried, a proper holster with a trigger guard should always be used; even in the pocket (pocket holster) regardless if it's striker or hammer fired.

I agree. They should be carried by people with some training, but that applies to all firearms.
I agree with all of that. I’ve just never been entirely comfortable with the Glock trigger safety. It’s a single action trigger (albeit a crappy one with a long pull) and having one in the pipe on a draw is just a bit sketchy to me. I’ve been around long enough to know that mistakes happen and not everyone is in a constant state of training. That’s why there are two schools of thought on whether to keep one in the pipe or rack one in after the draw. Neither one is right or wrong, they just have different risks and benefits.

I just can’t stand it when people act like there is only one “right” way to carry, and discount legitimate concerns by claiming that only a moron would make a mistake that would cause those concerns to be a real world issue. In the real world, things happen quickly, unexpectedly, and under great stress. The one thing you can count on is that mistakes will be made. Unless you are John Wick, of course, in which case

I’m more comfortable with carrying a 1911 cocked and locked. I acknowledge that something could go wrong on the draw there too, but I find it more secure than a Glock on the draw. Now if they were only as reliable