04-08-2019, 06:31 AM   #56
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Starting my new job tomorrow. Even though at the time I didn't feel fortunate, I do recognize I should be. From the start of my job search till accepting an offer was about 2 to 3 weeks. I also had another offer which I turned down and my current company countering. Things have been very challenging at my now former employer where they've had a significant issue with employee retention. And of course when it rains it pours. I had another company wanting to hire me but the interview process started too late for me to ignore the offer I had accepted. And on my last day at work, I got two inquiries about possible positions.

I was really miserable at my old job with all the stuff they were dumping on us. Cutting back half of the engineering staff and then telling us we had to pick up the slack and we were not being paid on the extra work. Plus there was compensation they still owe me in the 5 figures which management chose not to pay me on.
I feel you. You put in all this work and are salaried...and my boss tells me to make sure I am getting the time off I need...sort of "comp" time, but you can't take any time off because if you do you are so far behind when you return that it isn't worth it.