View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #43
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I will never, ever, ever in my life understand the tipping culture there is in the USA and Canada.

It is utter and complete madness.
So given that movers make minimum wage and it is a difficult, thankless job that leaves you aching I'd say a tip if they do a good job is fair.

We moved a 3 bedroom house this week, the weight was 12500lbs, it 5 guys almost 6 hours to load the truck and then 4 of them drove 400km and slept in a shitty motel, they were at our new place at 7:30 and they took another 6 hours to unload and then had to drive 400km back to the starting point. They were doing it again the next day. We bought them lunch both days and sent them off with a couple of cold beers each when they left. We also tipped them each $75 for each day of work. Was it a big tip, maybe. They did a great job, didn't break or damage anything, worked like pack mules. When I think about what a waiter get's tipped for an expensive meal the tip seemed small.

But that's just me, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to carry all that furniture and boxes for what they get paid.
Appreciate 2
kscarrol8907.50
vreihen1615256.00