View Single Post
      02-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #3138
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'll add a caution to this. The 43, never married and no-children can be a big red flag to some women just as it is to most men. If a woman has this set of stats, I'm thinking crazy cat lady, in situ or in the making. What's wrong here? I think Chihuahua needs to be able to clearly elucidate his situation and be up-front. Not that an explanation is needed, it's just a potential challenge for a lot of women. Trust me on this.
Yep, I've had the same thoughts. I basically hit the reset button on my life in 2006. Moved to FL, new job, bought a house, etc., all things that you can 'manufacture' from scratch. I foolishly at age 30 thought you could manufacture feelings for someone too. I won't say the past 13 years were bad, but if I'm being candid I was living a bit disingenuously. I was always faithful, and for all intents and purposes I was married sans the paperwork. The S.O. and I hit a rough patch a few years ago due to certain life circumstances, and I just recently decided to end it as we were no longer adding value to each others' lives. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do. Up until now I had never been the one to break someone's heart, I was always the recipient in that equation; It's absolutely brutal knowing that you just crushed someone. Every other facet of my life is exactly where I want it to be, now my mission in life is to find someone to share it with, and I of course now know it can't be just anyone. I hope that being 43, never married, and no children isn't a red flag for some, but I can understand why it could be. The obvious assumption is that I'm a player or not serious about life, both of which could not be further from the truth. I'll be snowboarding out west all of next week, this trip could not have come at a better time. Off I go to see what life has in store for me. Wish me luck.

TL;DR - love stinks.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13157.00
MKSixer34190.50