12-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #4977
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
So i may have gone a bit overboard today and bought 200rds of hollowpoints and 100rds of fmj in 9mm
Picked up some gold dots and Sig VCrown so i’m interested to see how these perform

Nope - grab them when you can - even is a little over priced.

The Sig VCrowns are a very nice round - well engineered. I worked at Sierra when Sig approached us to partner for that ammo. They brought in the initial design for the core and we designed the jacket and bonding crimp over several iterations. They flat work. I have seen them shot through every media (FBI called and not) and they perform. Very accurate round as well - which Sierra is known for.

We tried to get the lightest 9mm bullet (90 gr) to pass FBI protocol out of a .380 - which was unheard of. You have to shoot X many through all their media and X amount of them have to pass 100% to make it. We repeated the test 3 times (because we are guys and we are curious) and one time it missed by 2 failures and twice it missed by one. Crazy performance out of a .380.

Bullet technology has all but ended the debate on caliber. Choose your caliber and then choose the right ammo - and you will be well heeled.

I think you will be happy with them. Same guy that did the engineering for Federal on the Hydra-Shok years ago designed the core for the V-Crowns for Sig.