View Single Post
      10-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #185
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

While I agree that this whole LEC/VER incident was LEC fault, mistakes happen. Anyone suggesting that LEC intentionally drove into VER (or that any driver does something similar - VET/HAM at Baku being the exception) isn't necessarily thinking clearly. Mistake's happen and he owned up to unnecessarily causing the collision.

If we go back a few years, Max was making a lot of similar mistakes and being criticized for it (anyone remember the first batch of races through Monaco last year)? But he's been in F1 a few years longer now and has matured to a point where he is a much more complete driver. Same thing with HAM and his first few years in F1. He was blisteringly quick as soon as he arrived in F1 but had his far share of mistakes and look at him now, one of the most consistent drivers on the grid. The same thing will happen with LEC. I think its pretty obvious he has the talent and pace and just needs a bit more experience to understand the risks with a move like that.

On an unrelated topic, I just read that the timing system during the race experience a glitch and the official checkered flag was shown one lap early. This means that Perez, despite crashing while battling Gasly, was classified in the points. Which is odd, because this new system was implemented to avoid the race being ended early (the race in Montreal a few years ago prompted this new system).
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58900.50