View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 07:40 PM   #1
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Question Potential new daily driver options for my wife? - Ordered a CX-5 Signature

UpDATE: We have a 2024 CX-5 Signature on order. Just waiting for Mazda to pick it up.
I already have crap on order for it LOL. Usual cargo tray, all weather mats, splash guards etc. Also carbon fiber pieces to cover the piano black interior stuff. That stuff is just daring you to scratch it.

She keeps cars forever so this will need to be reliable long term. She commutes into the city so no manual transmission. She does not want Wrangler, EV or truck, either. Can be used or new. We're not paying ADM on anything. Period.

Must have AWD (Maybe FWD for right vehicle) 4 doors w/heated seats & leather. A heated steering wheels + cooled seats would also be nice. At first, she wanted a SUV, but after now driving her parents' CX-5 a lot, she may stick with a sedan as her driving style is thinking her current Mazda6 is a Miata lol smh.

She is also not interested in Honda, Toyota or Subaru. No BMW, Audi, MB as long term reliability & long term cost of ownership = no thanks.

We drove a 2020 Stinger GT-Line AWD & new AWD Mazda3 yesterday. This particular Stinger did not have the highest level trim option (Interior) Other than that, the Stringer is still an option. The Mazda3 was disappointing. Too much wind noise (All windows were closed, but sounded like a window was open the whole time) and the suspension was surprisingly way too rough for what thet car is IMO.
Local Hyundai dealer did not have a Elantra N on the lot

Probably cap the price around $40k

Potential options are:

Explorer ST
Elantra N
CX-5
GV70
Stinger GT2 AWD
ATS-V AWD

Last edited by Donatello.; 08-29-2023 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0