Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
South Florida is notorious for doing all kinds of different labor jobs on the cheap. It happens in the trades, especially like electrical, plumbing, and air conditioning. I have gotten quotes for PPF in places like Maine, New York, Maryland, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. All of them, all of them are anywhere from $7500-$12,000. More than $12,000 for very complicated cars like super cars. So either every freaking one of these shops is absolutely ripping off their clients all throughout the East Coast or somethings missing in the South Florida shops. What do you think it is? How can one shop be $5500 and another one to be $11,000 for the same car?
I honestly don't know the answer but I shopped around and did my homework when I did my car and visited several Xpel shops from North Miami, to Ft. Lauderdale area and at that time they all were in the $5,000- $6,000 range. The shop I finally selected and did my Xpel Ultimate Plus and ceramic work a year and a half ago only charged me $5,000 (I have a soft top). My friend just had his new M3 Competition done there (also with Xpel Ultimate Plus) for $5500. The owner has a great reputation and on any given day you can walk in and see a Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Bentley, etc. in his shop. I am sure that he charges a great deal more money for those expensive cars.
Appreciate 0