06-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #33
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
As a secondary thought...if its true that a leg might have to be amputated, can they graft on a new leg?

Given your love of poultry, I was going to suggest a chicken leg. But then I thought you could use 1MOREMOD legs instead...they are basically interchangeable.

After all, both of the above animals have skipped leg day more than Huckleberry Finn skipped school.
I'd go chicken before 1MOREMOD . It's not a given or anything, it's a matter of control of the SWINGS in blood sugar. The tiny vessels throughout the body suffer from those blood sugar level swings, and micro-aneurisms occur. This can lead to peripheral gangrene and the loss of limbs.

I had to wake up a bit when they did those laser fixes in my eye. I remember vividly during initial diagnosis that I was going to take care of myself, I didn't want to lose any fingers/toes/go blind.
Diabetic neuropathy can be nasty, but is usually without pain. My wife's uncle did construction, and was a non-practicing diabetic. He came home one day and couldn't get his boot off. His niece tried, and found the nail thru his boot/foot. He didn't go back to work the next week because he no longer had a foot to put in his boot.
Appreciate 0