01-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #15
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
while i agree, macos is a gui of unix. open up a terminal window in macos and you've got a bash prompt.
Close, and I know what you are trying to say. Mac OS X is Unix, and has been certified under the Single Unix Specification since 10.5. At its core is Darwin, a BSD derivative, as I'm sure you already know. The GUI they designed for it is called Aqua. I'm really writing this more for the benefit others than you as I'm sure you know. I know what you meant to say, but it didn't come out quite right. Also, FWIW I use zsh and not bash. Here is my .zshrc:

Code:
osx ~ % cat .zshrc
HISTFILE=~/.histfile
SAVEHIST=8192

fpath+=~/zfunctions
typeset -U fpath
autoload ~/zfunctions/*(:t)

prompt="%m %c %# "
watch=all
logcheck=8

autoload -U compinit
compinit
zmodload -i zsh/complist

zstyle ':completion:*' menu select

setopt append_history
setopt auto_cd
setopt correct
setopt extended_glob
setopt extended_history
setopt list_packed
setopt no_beep
setopt no_clobber
setopt no_hup
setopt print_exit_value

unsetopt bg_nice

bindkey -v

zle -N insert-sudo-prefix
bindkey '' insert-sudo-prefix
Bottom line is that although funny, Windows should have been the bowling pin in that picture, but there are too many people who wrongly think OS X is nothing more than an OS for neophytes. I find it funny that the Windows crowd tends to mock Mac users and the grounds that their OS of choice is overly simplistic. In reality these people don't have a clue what they are talking about.

So here is a message to all Windows users that mock Mac users on the grounds that they are "n00bs". Do yourself a favor and STFU until you know what you are talking about.
Appreciate 0