View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #8
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phresh1 View Post
I had Xpel installed about 2 weeks ago by a an approved installer found on the Xpel site. Over I am happy with the result and customer service was next to none. The entire front end was done, rocker panels and behind the rear wheels. Since then the car has been garage but had noticed on the driver side headlight there are a couple of small bubbles, closer to the top near the hood. I tried pressing on them but they are still there. My question is should I wait longer to see if they work themselves out? It has been warmer lately and the garage it's in has gotten quite warm and I thought that would help too but that wasn't the case. My concern is if I have them replace the film that the headlight could get damaged or the laminate could lift during removal. I may be over thinking this but I've heard horror stories about this happening, not necessarily on new cars or BMW's in general but it's still something I thought about. Anyone have experience with removal or replacement of Xpel on headlights?
Bubbles can take longer to go away depending where you live and the temperature and a few other factors. Typically we'll tell customers they should go away within 2 weeks at the most, sometimes longer if its cooler outside. Contrary to what most think, try to avoid putting in direct sunlight and do not push on the bubbles as this can cause adhesion distortion. Meaning you're pushing the film and adhesive down and then it comes back up due to the extra moisture.

We'd recommend taking it to your installer and having them take a look at it, they'd be able to give the best course of action. When removed properly, the film should not cause any damage. The only issue seems to be some Porsche headlights with their UV coating that can come off if the film is removed improperly.

If you have any questions, please let us know on here or via PM
Appreciate 1
S1monQc223.50