Thread: 7 vs s550
View Single Post
      01-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
Jaymo
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 750li

You both have nailed it. I am in the same boat, and my lease on my 2013 750li comes due in April. I have had 4 7's in a row, each better than the last. I have always done the M sport package, and this last one with individual interior which is awesome. I have always loaded them up, and swap out the runcraps for regular all seasons for the summer, and snows for the winter. The ride and poise is amazingly different.
To your points, I agree, so disappointed with the new design, really underwhelming and blah. They really had an opportunity to knock it out of the park, especially with some of the design concepts. The interior came out nice, some of the goofy tech is cool, and finally a moon roof like the benz, but overall just ok.
As far as where to go, the audi s8 is a beast but going to be redesigned next year, the s550 is a bit stogey for me ( even with the sport package) , and the Maserati has old outdated tech, as well as too soft.
Believe it or not, looking at Range Rover Sport SVR, or maybe new MB E550 ?
At the end of the day, probably will wind up with a new 7Msport, get the black grill, tape the chrome strip in the back, 35% tint, and at least look a bit different than a large 3 series...
Btw, I do have an i8 which they did do right...
Appreciate 0