View Single Post
      06-30-2022, 05:32 AM   #8266
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I confess that I'm at the moment absolutely wet in tears, went to the doctor with my remaining budgie Bibo yesterday, because since last weekend he was just stumbling through his cage and I got to let check this out.
The devastating diagnosis was heavy gout at one of this legs and this isn't operable caused by his high age of 14, he won't survive the anesthesia.
So I got medicine to ease the pain and suffering for him but this is unfortunately not the solution, the only way to release him would be to put him down. The tragic behind this tragic is, that on 2nd July the first annual day of death of his sidekick Pietry would appear and this is at the moment just too much for me.
So I'd cancelled all appointments and will spend all my next time with him to get prepared for his last and final lap...
Sorry to hear. This is a difficult time for sure…

Just a thought though. Why not try surgery? If he won’t survive the anesthesia that’s the same, but at least you tried it.
Seems weird to me to hear a vet say “we can’t put him to sleep for surgery because he might not wake up. The only solution is to put him to sleep.”

Sorry you have to go through this. It’s the worst.
Appreciate 0