Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
If you really want a good vacuum, get a Miele, expensive, but worth it
We have a Miele for our primary residence but looking for something small-ish, light and cordless for vacation condo, which is basically Dyson, Tineco or Shark. The Miele is great, just not for this application.
I switched from our Dyson stick vacuum to a Shark. It was on sale for 40% off and came with a bunch of accessories. They always seem to be having a sale.

It's not as well designed as the Dyson, dust sticks in lots of crevices, the dust bin doesn't come off completely for cleaning and the filter is a less direct design. But it's massively quieter, seems to suck harder, has replaceable batteries and cost a few hundred less than the comparable Dyson.
The Shark models look very good. If we had more carpet and a bigger place, I think it would win out since you don't need to switch heads for floor and carpet with that duoclean system plus the replaceable batteries. But my wife likes the weight / weight distribution and HEPA filter of the Dyson after picking it up and trying it. We don't need it right away so I'm just keeping an eye out for sales and could end up with either one but I am guessing Dyson so I don't need to hear complaining later. I already tried convincing her of a less expensive corded unit without success.