View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #865
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Actually, I have to disagree. Harleys have barely changed at all, while each iteration of the Corvette is practically all new. Harleys do in fact sell to the same people who are getting older. The only difference here is that Corvettes cost a lot more, so guess what, older people are the ones who typically can afford them, especially in the current economic environment.
You're talking from a product stand point, and I agree. What I was talking about, is from a MARKETING perspective. The demographics that each of these marques and brands attract is what is locked into a death spiral. Especially for HD, the stereotype befits the actual demo.

As for the old "older people are the ones that can afford Corvette" argument, that doesn't explain WHY Porsche 911, Cayman and Boxster demographic is 12-20 years YOUNGER, because both of those cars cost MORE than your typical Corvette.

Corvette does not need to attract 20 year olds. They need to attract 35-40 year olds that are SUCCESSFUL. At least in a large enough percentage that these guys can and will be buying Corvettes in the next 20-30 years.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00