10-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #65
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I work on the technology side of things with school districts. I know A LOT of lazy ass teachers who should be fired, should have retired 40 years ago, should've never been a teacher, etc.

With that said, I would not want to be in their shoes right now. Mainly because of all the shitty parents out there, who feel it is the teacher's job to monitor what their kid does 24/7. Fuck that. One teacher showed me the list of e-mails she had from parents that were "checking up" on how their kids were socially distancing. This is at the high school level. Not to mention the list of parents a mile long looking to nit-pick any little thing they can find to sue the school district and benefit from.

Helicopter parents, frivolous lawsuits, and shitty board of eds are why schools are currently operating the way they are.

PREACH!! If anyone were to see my previous posts in this thread they would have seen a similar perspective given my wife is a 7/8 ELA teacher. Watching what she is enduring is likely to cause me to have an aneurism, and then I see common contention towards teachers and laugh, quite maniacally. 99% of folks who aren’t teachers couldn’t hack the current climate, myself included. I don’t have the patience or kindness required.

Hats off to all this involved or around education at this time. At all levels.
Appreciate 1