View Single Post
      07-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #71
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
If someone hits or throws something at your car while you are driving, legally it's assault with a deadly weapon, years in prison etc. Alternative to chasing them down like the scum they are is call the cops and wait for them while the guy leaves. Not happening.

In this instance you can't see the kid. Everyone's on the McLaren owner for rolling through the stop. But that was not close to anyone and had no bearing on the incident. A couple seconds later he honks at the kid. Why? Maybe the kid was heading straight for him and he was warning him. Maybe the kid gave him the finger or spit on his car. Who knows. But getting his windshield broken is assault. A punk running off gets away with it unless you go after him. In that case he learns a valuable lesson in respect for others and their possessions.
The camera guy says the driver made him fall off his board. Obviously we don't know if he cut him off or if it was a near miss. Taking your idea on this situation, if the driver was an ass and almost hit him, the skateboarder should have just called the guy out of the car and beat his ass with the skateboard.