View Single Post
      06-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #31
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

+1

an example:

back in the early 00s, when i worked as a civil engineer, we would often have to be on-site during construction. in the city of san jose, we were required to hire off-duty SJPD (in uniform) for traffic control if we ever impeded the traveled way (this is in addition to a Caltrans-spec traffic control plan and flaggers).

long story short, the cops would often start chatting w/ the construction workers, and on more than one occasion, i overheard them offer drugs for sale to the workers. two examples:
-crystal meth from the evidence locker (this was to some of the workers
-bragging about 3 large lexus/infiniti/GMC SUVs the cop owned, and bought a fourth for his wife, all, "beyond my cop salary"

most likely this was not all cops, but again, seems no different from what one would expect in the third world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaint View Post
F* the police. I'd report any officer not following the law, or their proper procedures. Just like any "job" there has to be accountability. For them to be in such a high state of power, so should their responsibility.

I've broken several laws with several police and correctional facility officers. The only difference between us is that if they get into trouble, 9 times out of 10, they get off without recourse. Officers of the law have a job like no other and it's getting out of control in many locations.

How many mall security officers do you know that can steal items or smoke in the mall?

How many postal workers can take mail or get free shipping?

How many bankers can put in wrong numbers for accounts and/or amounts?

None, atleast not without recourse.

$0.02

/rant