Thread: Rivian EV
View Single Post
      08-11-2023, 11:36 AM   #5
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
BIL owns an R1T. I have driven it several times. It's good.

Exterior and interior aesthetics are good, this is subjective. I like the interior design better than the exterior, but all of it looks nice to me.

Air suspension is good - multiple heights are very useful when hitching/unhitching a trailer especially on an inclined surface. I love air suspensions in general. My Cayenne has an awesome air suspension and the Rivian's is comparable to the Porsche's.

Power is good, especially towing. I towed BIL's 7k lb boat in the R1T and the truck handled it like child's play.

Tech is good enough. I don't care too much one way or the other about "screens". They are a necessary evil and aren't going away. No complaints on the R1T tech.

One pedal driving is too weird for me. This is not a Rivian thing but rather an EV thing.

On a 150 mile tow, he had to stop twice to charge. Not my cuppa but it's not a Rivian thing, but rather an EV thing.

Summary: good, possibly great, vehicle. If you are into EVs which I am not.

p.s. "Vegan leather" is laughable in the Rivians. Not a major criticism but laughable nevertheless. Real leather isn't (or wasn't) available, probably due to added weight and range reduction. BIL said "your car smells like a quality car" and I told him it was the real (full interior) leather.
Appreciate 1