View Single Post
      09-11-2022, 09:47 PM   #1
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I have a brisket situation

So i still order groceries online like it's May 2020. Saw vac-pac Brisket at $8.80 a KG (roughly $20 lb) and with "average size of 3kg" I thought why not?

Mother fucker arrives and there's half a cow on my front step, damn near 8kgs (20 lbs)

So I will have about 17 people over for my sons 11th birthday next weekend, said to the wife i'll cook the dang brisket, keep in mind......i've never cooked one . She has made it abundantly clear that this is a bad idea and if i fuck it up there will be consequences. Jokes aside, if i fuck it up she's gonna lose her shit.

I have a Weber Summit series BBQ with 4 burners, wood chip container with it's own burner and a rotisserie burner. So, how the bloody hell do i cook this mofo? I assume elevate it off the burners, maybe in a short sided tray? I have nfi other than i expect this ill take eons, so I would love instructions from you folk that do this all the time.

Considerations:
- I don't cook in aluminum or cover food in aluminum then place in an oven/bbq, this is non-negotiable.
- I assume i need a rub, it cannot be spicy, crowd is mostly middle to older aged croats who cringe at black pepper
- Outside needs to be cooked, younger ones will do med-rare but older croats want the cow killed a few times just to be fucking sure
- i plan to serve around 1pm so ideally not up at 2am to get this freaking thing started but i'll d0 it if i have to

Fire away peeps!
Appreciate 1
shimmy232341.00