dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
It look good!

I'm seriously considering one used for a daily. I am tired of my old Subaru.

I don't see how reliability would be an issue with miles. Just have to worry about battery degradation.

I'd like to stay under $35k and don't need long range.

Did you look for anything specific when buying? PPI?
Thanks

I was mainly looking specifically for a long range awd and I really wanted the white interior. The white interior alone limited my choices vastly so I couldn't be too picky (although I basically got the exact config I wanted). Since it's still under the full Tesla warranty for another 2+ years and 50k miles I wasn't too concerned.

From what I have read battery degradation isn't that bad. Especially since the model 3 has only been out a few years. On a full charge mine shows 300 miles, however the mileage it shows can vary by a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with degradation like which wheels the car has. Might get 320 with the aero wheels, but change to the 19" sport wheels and it may drop to 310 or 300 etc. Also I believe the battery warranty is 8 years 100k miles with 70% battery retention. So I'm guessing Teslas worst case scenario is 70% in 8 years 100k miles. I highly doubt I will own it that long so not worried.

I did notice used Model 3 pricing is crazy! I would say MOST of the standard range, standard range plus and mid range were being sold for MORE than Tesla was selling them new for (although I think Tesla has some kind of discount going on right now). People must have been buying them because even at more than new prices they would disappear from my searches. Honestly I only ended up saving about $5k over buying new and that was mainly do to tax savings from my trade and getting way more for my trade from 3rd parties than I did from Tesla. Tesla really low balls on trades, especially none Tesla cars. They offered me like $6-7k less than every other places I got an offer from.

So anyways I would just recommend you check pricing closely. I believe Tesla actually sells a $35k Model 3 but they do not show it on their site. You have to contact them to order it. I think it's basically a standard range plus just software limited to like 200 or 220 miles. So if range is not that important to you that might be a consideration and probably cheaper than the used ones I saw.
Appreciate 1