04-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #591
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
??? I don't know what your point is...the article you cited discusses the same behavior patterns that the articles I cited do. I don't have an issue with stating that many, or half, or some other quantity, of Americans use credit as a way to finance their purchases.

There are multiple behaviors I exhibit that have nothing to do with loving anything. For example, I regularly review budget to actual financial performance reports. There's not one thing about doing so that I love; I don't even like doing it. I used credit to buy a boat and though I would have rather paid cash for it, that I took a loan to do so wasn't a reflection of my inability to afford the boat; I paid off the loan and I still have the boat.

Being able to afford something and having cash to pay for it at the time of the purchase are not the same things. I rarely have any cash in my pocket, so if I didn't have a debit card, I'd have to pay with a credit card. Some things I purchase almost weekly -- hotel rooms and rental cars, for example, can't (depending on the company) be purchased using a debit card. Also, in general, credit card companies disallow the use of their cards to buy marijuana. (That was so in 2014; maybe things have changed since then?)

In contrast, I do love my debit card (i.e., the concept of debit transactions as compared with the concept of loan/credit transactions) because it means I really don't have to carry cash very often at all.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0