08-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #78
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
What's sticking in my head is for the two years that I went to school, I pretty much gave up every social aspect of my life. I dedicated all my time to my schooling. I guess now I'm just feeling that I need a sense of accomplishment as a pay back for all this.

Yeah, def commute time is a big factor for me too. I do not want to spend more than 30 minutes commuting to work. My time outside of work means more to me than being stuck in traffic or on a train.
You had mentioned that you had worked in "IT" for a few years when you were doing purchasing. In my experience, women who are in the sales part of any IT business do well, even more so when they are good looking. Some of my engineers actually will request to have women as their sales person. May be something worth thinking about. I know when we first started, I needed to know very little about the products we sold because the engineer could answer any of the more technical questions. My main responsibility was to get budget, timeline and anybody else we needed to get involved to get the deal done according to my business partner (the engineer) as that was something he was not good at personally.

Just a thought if you really were looking to change jobs. Granted, knowing nothing about what you went to school for or what you do now, this could all be of very little use to you.
Appreciate 0