View Single Post
      02-16-2021, 12:51 PM   #44
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Good progress on the resume then - also it's ok to ask for specifics like "oh glad you thought it was impressive! Do you have any feedback on parts you liked / parts I could further refine perhaps?"

WRT 2.5 months till graduation - keep grinding now. Having something with a start date shortly after graduation is better than starting an interview process with a company after graduation, because the interview process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. And in the meantime you'll still have bills and expenses.

Boston has some solid tech jobs, I know a couple people who moved there for software engineering jobs straight out of college or even early / mid career for a pay boost / career boost. Roku could be a great one to start with, but I'd really start trying to refine what roles you want to do. Sales, recruiting, project management, whatever. I wouldn't necessarily worry too much about having the "right" degree so much as supplementing it with training and certifications at this point. I'd also look and see what certifications people with your current degree tend to get - it'll be easier to knock out in conjunction with or shortly after you just had classes in it rather than trying to go back later and remember things after you brain dumped post-final-exam. Even if you don't end up using the certification directly, there are always nuggets of wisdom there and it can aid you in guiding your thought process by giving you more experiences to draw on. Plus it shows a continued interest in growth, rather than just "alright I got the degree I'm good to go now and don't need to do anything else".
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50