View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 12:33 PM   #33
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I wish I could speak on being in your shoes, but I am nothing close to that. Shit, I still don't have a degree (halfway there!). Some things I did learn though when I got out of Active Duty Army:

1. Resume: This needs to be worked on every. single. day. Even when you think it's perfect, go back the next day or week and check it out again--it is an evolving and living document that you will need to constantly keep updating, even during your career. I still do this even today. There will always be a company or agency looking to hire you with a higher salary and/or more opportunity to grow at the new employment.

2. Interview skills: This can be the difference between a job offer and no offer. I practice my speech, my 1 minute intro, my toughest questions often between throwing applications out. I still do a refresher before any prospective job interview just to brush up--but when you do it enough, you'll only have to do a spot check like I do.

3. Make sure you know what to wear to the job interview. Google/Youtube is your best friend.

Other than that--I really don't have any other advice since my life started much differently than the average college graduate. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Appreciate 3
5.M0NSTER3353.50
MKSixer34184.50